05 May 2008

sassy post

i'm in a bad mood today since i am so tired and ambrose is so cranky with his new jutting through his gums teeth and i can tell i am on the count down until the next time i visit my family. dont take that the wrong way- i love visiting my family! i can tell that it is almost time to see them because i start being really annoyed with hawaii, the negative aspects of living here, and a lot of the people around me. i start living for the day that i can get on that plane and not look back- knowing that i will land in a place where my family is- who i love so much and love to be around. they understand me, i understand them, i dont have to put on a happy face, or say just the right thing or humor anyone. it is so relaxing, nice, carefree and FUN!

also, i made a resolution today. i am going to stop apologizing so much for being a mom. at the mall today ambrose and i met a couple of other moms/grandmas out with their kids who either work part or full time or their daughters work full time so they are watching their grand kids...etc. and they always ask me if i am a stay-at-home mom with this tone in their voice that i havent fully interpreted yet. i say yes, but then always qualify that (in an apologetic way) with "i also work from home...etc. etc...." They always look oddly relieved, "Oh, that's good!" as if they werent really sure about me until they found out that i am not throwing my life away raising a child. hello?? that is what i am supposed to be doing! if i decide to have a child- shouldnt i be the one to raise it? raising ambrose is way more fun/rewarding then any other job i've ever had.

no more apologizing for that. sassy sassy.
Twilight

this just made me happier. thanks for posting this echo.

11 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

i like it when you're sassy.

i haven't blogged lately for fear of what inappropriately sassy words may fly out of my fingertips.

Carrie said...

I totally do the same thing. Families should not have to live so far apart (if they are nice families anyway). I'm still on the waiting list for Twilight and now I'm reeeeeally excited to read it.

echo said...

i am so right there with you on the whole leaving hawaii to be with your family thing. i think marc was really sad when i told him i bought my tickets and they are for 3 weeks on the mainland. but i really can't wait. and for some reason i have been more homesick the last 2-3 months than i have all 6 1/2 years of living here. i can't wait till the 19th.
on another note- i will watch ambrose ANYTIME if you even just need like a half hour nap. seriously! i understand the waking up early because of weaning stuff. and i am happy to say that it will get better. it can get hard sometimes and pacifiers might fly across the room, but it will get better.
those crazy ladies need to mind there own dang business, why do they care if you work or not. oh, and i am glad the twilight clip brightened your day. this is only the teaser the real trailer comes out in 4 days.

ashley said...

hey! just got the girls down and figured i should hunt down your blog and say hello! it was good to see you guys today- and again on thrusday???

and i just read your post about stopping nursing- i totally had to do the cabbage thing too, and only on righty as well. so funny, but it did work.

diana palmer said...

awwww dang, watched that trailer 4 times so far. i've never been so excited about a book/movie. thank you for sharing. and i hope getting that crankiness off your chest helped you feel better.

girl power for your resolve to not apologize for being a mom.

Cammie said...

Good job with not apologizing anymore. When Canon was about 6 months old I said I was "just a mom". Some sweet elderly lady overheard me and reprimanded me for saying "Just" while referring to the "the most important job in the world".

stef j. said...

go sassy Steph! and may I add that I love your posts - so full of words and wit. once you said you liked my writing and i thought, "woo hoo! and she was an english major" (said with puffed out chest).

and seriously, "just" mom. i hope someone gives me a "you should be more" look when i tell them i'm a mother. i'm now prepared with a strong retort like, "i thought of accounting, but i wanted to do something challenging." thanks for inspiring me to have a response handy.

B said...

be as sassy as you would like. being a mom is a wonderful thing to do. and i am excited for twilight thanks for the clip.

Becky said...

I have found myself, after being asked what I do for a living, saying that I am "just" a stay-at-home mom. I don't know why I should feel like I should feel bad for raising my own child, while others choose to work. Only when I tell people what I did before Connor do I get recognition it seems. UGH!

Stephanie said...

becky! good to see you on here. :)

Melissa said...

I agree with the fact that we chose to have children so we should be the ones who get to raise them! amen sister