07 September 2009

pinch me start/dreamy end

this morning i got an important call. it seemed casual enough... i can only assume that everyone who sews hopes and dreams for this sort of call. a woman in my ward who is an avid seamstress/costume designer is moving to the mainland and had some sewing supplies she said i could go through. I WAS EXCITED! but i had no idea how exciting it really was until i pulled up and saw a big table with sewing supplies ALL OVER IT and i could take WHATEVER I WANTED!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

they also gave us beach chairs, a desk, coffee table, desk chair, and some other art supplies...etc. and this handy white cabinet that holds all the sewing stuff i hauled off. yep, all that stuff minus the baby shelf. elastic, ribbon, thread, lace, buttons, zippers, pinking shears, patterns, fabric, pins, little scissors i have been wanting forever, bias tape, binding- basically all the stuff that i always need for projects but put off getting since i have to drive all the way to walmart or fabricmart with two small children- BUT IN BULK! now i can really get going on all my many planned projects- i have the stuff i need.

i'm actually more happy for thomas. this is gonna save him a fortune in so many ways.

what a blessing.

and so that was the pinch me start to today. i kept beaming at all the supplies as i was going through them and exclaiming, "this is so exciting!!!" to the nice couple who are moving as they came in and out hauling stuff. i think they thought i was a little overzealous, but hopefully they just realized that their stuff was going to a very good and grateful home. haha... i'm crazy.

and here is the dreamy end to our holiday.






if the rest of the week is boring and disappointing- i'll just look back on this post and be content.

10 comments:

Anna K. said...

Score!!!!! I am so happy for you that you were able to get all those rad supplies. I wish we were there at the beach with you guys SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!

KristenE. said...

Yay!!! That is so awesome. I had little moment where I was 8 years old again, a 'not fair!!!' type of moment, but a good jealous moment (if that is even possible(?)), because I am so so so very happy for you! We really need to get together and have a sewing moment together. Is it just me or does fabric mart basically suck? I swear I walked through (2) fabric marts and came out utterly dejected; I just thought to myself, 'well, that was a waste of time..'. We should start our own fabric store.

liko said...

well, i'm gonna resort to the 8 year-old tactics and say i hate you!

just because i'm totally jealous. you scored some awesome loot. now i'm gonna click on the picture and see all the treasures.

you know, since i've started sewing, i've had thoughts of befriending some old ladies and having them see my interest in sewing and vintage stuff, in hopes that they might have anything they wanna give me. is that just freakish of me? did i just type that? oh, well. haven't been successful yet. just thinkin'.

and we were over at hukilau for the most part of the day, along with a gazillion other people. and i got red. but heck, it was a great day!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

LUCKY!

(I'm still waiting for someone to donate a sewing machine to me!!!)
:)

yanphoto.com/blog said...

oh, that's so great. tender mercy?

echo said...

you are the luckiest person alive.

melissa said...

wow, seriously that's awesome. i inherited a couple of yards of fabric the other day and was extremely happy, so i can imagine your excitement. and the beach looks just, well, dreamy as you said.

verification: tweed

Kristi said...

woo hooo - also where did you get that cool tent for the beach for the baby. I want!

rachel said...

awww picnic on the beaches. beautiful.

Melissa said...

seriously what a great start to any day. I definitely feel your excitement! and I must say that you of all people TOTALLY deserve it!