17 November 2009

in the spirit of procrastination

thomas said, "so you're not doing those i am thankful posts anymore?"

and i said, "oh i am. i am thankful."

and i am.

you'll see.

but tonight i am home alone (in-laws in kona, husband at band meeting) and i am procrastinating. 20 tests and 20 papers are in my teaching bag and are in the back of my mind. i'll finish the tests tonight at least.

we headed out to the library yesterday and found our next chapter book: and this exact copy too. the tiny illustrations pop up to say hello about every other page and are so random and scrawny and intriguing. it's enough to keep him interested and still begging for another chapter each night so i am excited.

it's fun to have kids. you can relive all this imaginative magic and enjoy seeing their first time with it all at the same time.

next we are reading this one:
it's an abridged version (just like the copy of peter pan we just finished) and is this exact copy- great illustrations: and i'm kinda looking froward to reading it since i am sure it is going to be so strange.

well, i have about forty sewing projects i am in the process of and i think they are all going to roll together in a big ball of houndstooth, stripe, bold, print, solid, and patchwork and swallow me whole.

what a way to go.

who do you think will win project runway? i think they're all pretty good, but none of them have me so inspired i want to study their lives and strive to copy or anything. does anyone else feel like the designers are just not as great as they used to be? or maybe i just dont know what is stylish. that's more likely. each week thomas and i go, REALLY? about what the judges rave over. i guess we've reached the point where we are no longer "in". i can live with that. :)

ok, ok. procrastination over. grading. grading. grading. bleh. :)

8 comments:

liko said...

yeah, ditto about project runway.

and i bet as soon as the grading is over and done with, you'll be able to breathe easier.

then you can enjoy all your sewing projects.

oh, and i do love the illustrations in the alice in wonderland book.

KristenE. said...

Hehehe! Cheers for procrastination :O)

This is why I love you, Stephanie! Project runway is not very good this year and I'm glad someone can relate to my feelings. Adam and I were just discussing this last thursday, it almost seems like its the first season of project runway all over again. It's almost like they couldn't attract better designers or something. I really hope that some other that that really mean Jordanian (sp?) girl doesn't win...oh yeah, Irina...BLEH! Wow, this sounds a lot more negative than I meant it to be. I'm sure you understand though :)

ps- i miss our project runway get-togethers!

lorieloo said...

SERIOUSLY about project runway. I'm pretty die hard and I just didn't get it this year. that gray/green died dress that ramone did that they just raved at? Scott and I were like , HUH? I like Carol Hannah, but she's not anything new or super creative. I LOVED leann last year....hmm.

anywho. am totally inspired by the chapter book reading. wonder if our local library has anything with illustrations like the gems you're finding.

sewing. how my hands and head and heart are craving to sew. unfortunately my sewing can not begin until Dec. 7th. Sad sad sad. but too much editing to do between now and then.

melissa said...

hm. i hope carol hannah wins. she looks a lot like my sister-in-law to be.

also, your child books seem so fun. maybe i'll just read some for me.

Marcus Lane said...

i use to read all of the roald dahl books, I loved them back in the day!

echo said...

sadly project runway hasn't inspired me much either. i guess i like carol hannah the best though.

good luck with all the grading.

death by fabric sounds like an ok way to go if you ask me :)

kimball said...

Make it work. Clean up your space. Etc.

boo face mcjones said...

yeah, i have missed about the last three or four episodes of project runway and hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. i guess that is a good indication of how i feel about it this season.

in other news, i want every one of those alice in wonderland illustrations framed somewhere in my home.

oh, and grading sucks (which is something i wish i would have known as a student when i got all anxious about getting an assignment back). luckily you have all those sewing projects to distract you! good luck!