06 December 2009

i want to start a sewing society

why does the long thread always have to be so great and do stuff like this to me???

what a list. i'm still working on the 50 summer crafts for kids with amby and it's not even summer anymore.

as if my side bar wasn't already full of too much awesomeness that i could never possibly get to in this lifetime.

i'll just leave this link here and return to it when i get a minute. ha!

this has been the greatest year in many ways- but a big part of why (aside from the birth of asher of course. of course!) is due to the best christmas ever last december when thomas gave me betty jeanne the sewing machine.

now i'm addicted and thankfully i don't see myself recovering any time soon.

oh and we have been sewing and crafting like crazy around here! thomas too. he's a craft-man. craftsmen? hot.

i'll get some pictures of the many projects and show you soon!

and finally, while we are on the subject, can i get a "woot woot!" for lizzie heiselt who read this post and lives in brooklyn and went for me and then sent me these:
look at all that burda style goodness! if you sew, this is making your heart beat a little faster isn't it! :) come over and we'll ohh and ahhh over it together.

and the icing on the already awesome cake? she entered my name in a drawing (yes, she is really that kind) and now this little beauty is on her way to hawaii:
to make the season even more bright. (i love you lizzie!)

so much fun!

wanna be in my sewing society? :)

15 comments:

Anna K. said...

I do! I need motivation to sew. If only we were closer I'm sure I would be even more motivated to sew with you!

boo face mcjones said...

yep, i do. but you would have to do a great deal of tutoring. i usually spend most of my sewing time swearing at the machine (which was an unfortunate activity for me to do while jesse prepared his stake conference talk...). i really should have learned much, much more when my mom tried teaching me 15 years ago.

Mariko said...

Ha! I knew you'd get another class. And another. And another.
Until you don't really want them.

I would join your sewing society if I had even one bit of patience for sewing.

ashley said...

i want in!

and congrats on the class, that is awesome, i am so proud of you. i know your da bomb teacher! happy happy for you!

diana palmer said...

its been a hard realization that i will probably never ever in a million years be good at sewing. but i'm so proud of how far you and betty jean have come. and what a dish that lizzie is.

Melissa said...

i do!

I want to sew felt nativity scene puppets. Help?

Kim's just sayin' said...

yes please!

lizzie said...

It was nothing, really. And yes, I do want to join. I hope to channel some of your creative sewing energy in the near future since we have a new betty jeanne of our own. How do you manage to do it all with the two little people? If I even attempt such things Simon is all over the fabric and wants to "help" or do it all by himself. (If I hear him say "I do it all by myself" one more time . . . .)

Carrie said...

I'm in! I've been wondering if that book is any good for some time now... You'll have to review it for me here. I love seeing all your projects... You inspire me to get off the computer and work on my own projects!

melissa said...

my gosh.

stef j. said...

why yes, yes i do.

.Ang. said...

yes indeed!

Rebecca Waldron said...

oooh ooohh I want to join! And thanks for the link to long thread. What a great site! You need to post pics of your beautiful stockings too.

liko said...

i'm up for it! and you are so lucky to have lizzie as a friend!!

i am actually going to venture out of my house today! yay!!

Molly said...

me me me!!! Thank I can rack your brain for how to finish my quilt. SOOO close to being done!