21 May 2010

sewing society mixer... i've always wanted to have one of those...

Remember when I started a sewing society and then didn't blog very much after? That was fun.

Moving sure does take the blog right out of ya.

Anyway, let's meet up society members!

You are cordially invited to a society mixer at my humble new abode.

This is not a craft night. I don't think I am ready to take on such potentially hazardous ventures in my extremely new place, but I think we need to get together and talk all things crafty.

Monday May 31, 2010 @ 8PM (this may double as book club as well broads)
My place

Bring yourself and a snack or treat to share if you can.

Feel free to bring a project you are working on if you'd like to pick other society member's brains on a trouble spot, or a crafty book you want to show off, or a specialty handbag with beading and fringe that you hand stitched for each society member with monogram initials on it... you know, to personalize things.... or whateves.

If you have never spoken up but want to join in on the fun- come and claim your membership card! I only have about 100-something left! Eeek!

Oh you don't live in Hawaii? Guess you better start checking priceline or kayak ASAP! Hope to see you there :)

Your society sister in all things nautical and sewing related,

Stephanie J. Robertson

14 comments:

liko said...

haha!! LOVE it!! the pictures and words!!
ALL of it!!
and you hand-stitched me a handbag?? and monogrammed?? you really shouldn't've.
;-)

echo said...

i am so there.

Molly said...

I'll be there with bells on! (what does that phrase even mean???) but seriously...I have bells...I will put them on if it means showing how excited I am. ring a ding ding, ladies.

ashley said...

count me in. wait, my mom will be here, maybe i should bring her, she is way cool in the craft world. ;)

and, i have that last picture on my tumbler, i love it!

Melissa said...

my mom comes in that night at seven....ahhhhh i'm crying right now because I want to come so bad! sniffle*** sniffle***

okay next one I am there for sure, even if I have to leave someone at the airport for a few hours.

Mariko said...

I could be there. Except that I don't sew, am not crafty, and don't read (often enough, anyway). Is that a problem?

Robbie said...

Agh! Why am I going to be out of town that weekend? Please have another one soon! But until then, I'll have to swing by and see you and your boys.
Congrats on getting to move into your new place! That sneak peek looked awesome, and you are just glowing in that pic and through your words in the above post. I'm glad everyone is healthy now, too. So happy for you guys!

laurel said...

was so heartened by the little membership card I got in the mail even though uh, I can't make the meeting.

Kate said...

i will be there... okay, only in thought, but that counts, right? hey maybe i'll have a secondary society meet up at my place, is that legal? just me and my membership card getting our craft talk on... :)

love ya! and LOVE that poem in the last post or two... beautiful and a great memory.

Stephanie said...

kate kate kate! i LOVE your blogs- why wont they love me back and let me comment on them? i want to be a radiant sunbeam of joy too! help :)

Unknown said...

I wanna come. who wants to walk-pool with me? Did I tell you I think I know where you live?

Unknown said...

That just sounded really stalker-ish. Let me explain: I think once upon a time, many moons ago, I was invited to a Stampin' Up party there and your MIL was the teacher/presenter/demonstrator?...

ANYWAY...

melissa said...

we looked up plane tickets so i could make it to the mixer. unfortunately it's cheaper to go to alaska, belize and oregon than it is to go to hawaii. but don't worry, denmark is more expensive! so. i guess you'll just have to do it without me. dang.

j,d and little b said...

I will definitely be there!