Wow, I've been doing a seriously bad job of getting these up here lately. Thanks to all you cool peeps who sent them in- I will do better! Expect at least one a week from here on out. Scouts honor.
1. Name: Robin Mikolyski
2. Favorite type of sewing project: practical things, currently quilts
3. City you currently reside in: Laie, Hawaii
4. Hometown: Keaau, Hawaii (Big Island)
5. Family stats: Husband Scott, one 9-month-old boy Kadin, and another boy due in September
6. Machine you sew with: a very basic Brother (VX-1120 given to me by my mom)
7. Project you are currently working on: a baby quilt for a friend.
Here's an example of what it will look like when done:
8. Picture of a finished project you are happy with: (Even REALLY happy with. We'll take that too.) I re-did the cushion covers of a rocking chair/glider a friend gave us and it came out pretty well!
9. Do you have an etsy site? Nope, not that good!
10. What fabric are you currently drooling over?: none
11. Sewing project you would most like to attempt but are admittedly frightened of or just need to learn more about: nothing at the moment
12. Favorite online crafty blog that you draw a lot of inspiration from: haven't found one yet
13. What sewing purchase are you saving your precious pennies for?: a sturdier sewing table and chair
14. Online tutorial you plan to attempt: Wow, I'm such a sewing slacker! Don't have one
15. When and how did you learn to sew?: My mom helped me sew a dress when I was 12 (using a pattern). I wore it for a couple of years 'till I outgrew it!
16. Your biggest sewing disaster story (picture if you have would be entertaining): The year I got married, the quilt I made for our queen-size bed without factoring in any overhang. I only measured the top of the bed! So it's more like a bedspread. Someday I'll make a new one that fits properly!
17. Favorite sewing book: again, none!
18. Sewing hero you look up to: Doris Nilson, resident of Laie, is teaching me to quilt. She's amazing!
19. Anything else that would be interesting or funny or lame or sa-weeeeet to share with all your society pals: I guess I'm not as passionate about sewing as I could be, but now that I have a sewing room, it makes it a lot easier to have the motivation to make things. I'm really a practical rather than creative seamstress, so I only think of things to make when a need arises! I don't have a fabric stash. I don't buy fabric "just because I like it". I've only ever bought material after I think of the project!
20. If you could nominate yourself for an officer in this most prestigious society- what would your title be?: Um, Representative Twice-a-year Seamstress?