06 February 2008

wind down and get ready

i am just browsing the blog world before bed- trying to wind down from working hard on billing all day. i had the thought, as ambrose was whining at my feet today and i was moving on to the ump-billionth billing packet, that it's times like these that i don't have a job...my job has me! :)

but, thomas came home to save the day. played with the boy, got the mail (2 netflix! yes!), did the dishes, fed the boy, helped me get him to bed, and then we relaxed and watched nanny diaries and ate the most delicious sandwiches i have ever made. allow me to divulge the best kept italian secret that i learned on the ellen show the other day.

start: french bread, dipped in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs

next: inside- mozzarella cheese and basil leaves

then: cook in a pan of olive oil

finally: dip in warm marinara sauce and enjoy!

so easy, so so good.

nanny diaries: good, sandwiches: awesome!

1/2 off sale guava cake to top things off: delicious

it wasn't a fat free night, but it was the perfect break with my honey and then i went back to work.

now for the big news: i am off to Washington DC in two days to attend thomas' cousin/ our very dear friend MEGAN's wedding in the DC temple! my mother-in-law very generously offered to fly me and ambrose out with her and we were more than delighted to accept. work hard now and DC here we come! good night.

12 comments:

. said...

Oh that sandwich sounds so good! Make sure you take lots of pictures I want to see what a beautiful bride Megan is. Oh and feel free to makea detour in California I would love to see you!

echo said...

i am sad you won't be at addy's party. but i am happy that you get to get out and experience something new. i hope you have a blast!

B said...

that sandwich sounds really good. I want to make it right now, and I might.

Roeckers said...

Sounds delicious!

Have a blast in DC!!

melissa said...

i've never been to dc. can i come? we can look at museums together. and get lattes if need be.

Ali said...

How many hours will that flight be? I'm suddenly having airplane flying flashback... my hands are sweating. Gosh, I hope you're not secretly pregnant and planning to make this trip! The landings, the take off, the nausea... oh man!

In other news, the sandwich sounds divine, as does the help your great husband offered!

boo face mcjones said...

oh steph, i heart DC. i think about it almost every day. give it a big hug and kiss for me? and speaking of things i miss almost every day, when will i ever see you again?!?

Stephanie said...

oh ali- if i am secretly pregnant i would like someone to divulge it to me asap so i can plan! ;0)

haha- yeah- we are flying about 5 hrs to LA and then about 5 hrs to DC... not looking forward to the flight- but amby has always been a great flier so here's to that continuing.

boo face: come to ashley's wedding in june! i shall see you then!?!

The Prigmore Family said...

may the force be with you during your travels. If you are flying on US airways, triple your travel time and prepare to change planes frequently before taking off.

The Prigmore Family said...

PS~ I don't miss the days of when my job owned me. I TOTALLY understand. On a level like no one else can. :) You need to find your own little stephanie to serve as your replacement like I did!

Melissa said...

Oooh have fun! I heard D.C is awesome.

lizzie said...

That sandwich sounds delish. We're going to have to try it. Hope your trip is as awesome as the sandwich.