06 March 2008

overflowing with love!

when i see this:
(thanks auntie erika for the photo!)
it makes me feel crazy- in a good way. i feel this animalistic overwhelming swell of pride, joy, love and need to protect/give everything i can to make sure he has the best life ever!

this last year has been the year of love in so many ways. ambrose has introduced me to the kind of love you really cant describe, because it's pretty much an animal instinct. i love his chubbiness, love his scent, i even love it when he cries because his mouth makes a really cute shape. moms are a crazy breed.

then it makes me so glad this happened (as if i wasnt already):

geez, what a major decision to make at so young an age. there must have been greater forces at work, since i wouldn't trust a 19 year old with any sort of rational decision... let alone an eternal one. (for the record i was 20 years and 2 months when we tied the knot. ok, still too young... haha)

to make the year of love all the more sweet- three extremely important women in my life met the loves of their lives and are now either recently married or very much engaged!
My sister Ashley and Ben Jones will be married June 14th!

My cousin Megan and her husband Neil were married February 12th!

My dear friend Melissa and her man Nate will be married in May!


ah, love is so important. if you dont feel it- pray to feel it in your life. when i did i got more than i ever thought possible and i know heavenly father is ready and willing to make it happen for you too, because he loves you!

oh and for fun, here is the song thomas and i played during our "us" video at our wedding luncheon. it always makes me think of that fun time- even if karen o's antics are a little dramatic in this video- she's still a style icon if you ask me.

i love you! go spread the wealth. :)

9 comments:

melissa said...

first of all i love this song.

i hope i can be like you someday.

star said...

I love LOVE. It is amazing how love grows and grows. I loved my Jeff when we got married, but now our love is so much more. (For the record I was 20 and 21 days old, even younger than you). I am sure when we have little ones that love grows tons more too. I look forward to lots more love!

echo said...

what a great post steph. it is so true about the love for a child. it is very animalistic. what a wonderful past year!! i am glad and grateful that we got to experience so many life changing events together. it made it much easier to have you to talk to about all of this. i love you a ton!!

Carrie said...

I just wrote a long and lovely comment and then it didn't work. so here's the cliff notes; I was a wee girl of 19 and 4 months when I got married (yikes!) and I seriously can't believe that someone as utterly stupid as I was back then could end up lucking out and getting a guy as great as my Ben. Also, motherhood makes you a she-mamma-bear like none other! I nearly got into a brawl with an idiot in Walmart for making snide remarks about Benson one day. Anyway I don't know if it is completely instinctual (so that we won't abandon the little critters when they wake us up all night) or what but man, my kids bring of feelings of love, and pride, and protection that I didn't know were possible. Being a mom is so cool because if you didn't understand unconditional love before (as was the case for me) you will after you become a mom. Plus I totally relate to the love of their smell. If I could bottle Banks' smell I swear I would because I think he gets sick of me sniffin him all the time.

B said...

steph, this was such a happy and beautiful post. thanks for the love check. also thanks for one of the best little baby boy pictures ever! It is hard to not feel love when you are in tune with the spirit and babies just make it even more fantastic.

Emily said...

I'm pretty good at this song on our Rock Band guitar. Great song.

Katie said...

i'm offended that i didn't make the list of very important people who found the love of their life this year............jeez, we're like best friends, how could you forget me??????

Stephanie said...

haha- so true:

reader note- katie and moose = L-O-V-E!

modestmuse said...

Thanks for sticking me and my Love in this LOVEly post :) It's neat to see how fulfilling life and love and significant others and progeny are to so many people, in so many (similar) ways. I love love, too! And I hope anyone who is lacking it finds it soon and remembers their Heavenly Father's unconditional love for them. You are awesome, Stephanie!