07 March 2008

will you be relieved to know?

i kind of quit my job this week.

i will still do the small psych. billing and my fun supervisions that i actually enjoy, but ADIOS! to the big case management billing since it was affecting my health and happiness.

my husband and child get their wife/mother back and i get my life and sanity back. it's a win/win. i was nervous to tell my boss of my newly made decision, but he couldn't have been more awesome, understanding, and supportive.

now all i have to do is finish out this round of billing, name my replacement, train said replacement, pick up the pieces (i.e.- shower, feed and bathe my child, clean my apartment, restock the fridge, attack the mound of laundry, and repair emotional damage done to my son from a whole year of crying for attention during the first half of each calendar month)...

here's to my ever developing efforts to put what is most important in my life first and saying adios to what is not.

i'm looking forward to my new life. woo hoo!

this random photo found on google images (from my sophisticated search of "girl flying") describes my current mental state. just add on a little string tied to her wrist that is anchored to the bushes and it would be perfect. we can cut that string as soon as i train my replacement... whew. get the scissors ready!

10 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

hooray! that's really great, steph. here's to making life a little less complicated and much more enjoyable!

stef j. said...

well congratulations! when I graduated I felt like my mothering time increased exponentially. I was like, "Wow, now I'm amazing!" I'm excited for you. Perfect timing too, now that Ambrose is becoming more mobile and more verbal.

modestmuse said...

How liberating!! I can relate to that feeling, after I quit my job. Great that you will be able to focus on the important, lasting things. Of course, I'm wondering what's in it for me ;) I was looking at coming at the end of June, but am I now not relegated to only coming at the end of a month?? :D

Stephanie said...

yes! i will be more free now for such a visit! i will, however, be in utah/las vegas for ashley's wedding from the 10th-the 17th... please plan accordingly. :)

star said...

I am so happy for you Steph! You really get to be a full time mommy and not have work stealing your time and energy. I am most proud of your for your decision.

Melissa said...

AWESOME!!!

The Prigmore Family said...

My heart just exploded. Too much happiness for you. I'm so proud of my lil protege. All grown up and quitting her job. I'm beaming!

erika lynn said...

oh hey look what i have!!!!
congratulations on less stress!
lets start planning adventures!!!!!
<33333

Carrie said...

Yaaaay! 3 cheers for having more time to make cookies! :)

Anna K. said...

yay! I didn't know you were moving! FUn! I'm excited for your sense of freedom!