19 March 2008

today was the big day!

One Year
As I sit down to write this I already feel like sobbing. This has honestly been the BEST year of my whole life! Today Ambrose Carl Robertson turned one year old. My baby is one. That is so amazing.
I am actually typing this at 10 PM and that was about when he was born a year ago this very hour. It was such a long road to get him here and all we wanted was our baby. The nurses were impressed with how hard I was pushing and how I would push six or seven times when they only told me to push five times- all that stamina and drive was rooted in the deepest love I have ever felt. I wanted to meet my child so badly and ever since the first moment I heard his T-Rex cry I felt a deep, constant, perfect, enduring, animalistic connection to him. He is mine, ours, and forever will be. He is the greatest love we have ever known. Even yesterday when he looked me square in the eye with his lips in a puckered pout and popped me in the face-- I was taken back at how much love I felt for him in that moment! He was really trying to tell me something the best way he knew how. I had to hold back my laughter because he is starting to understand how to express his emotions and it is so cute. Like I have mentioned before: being a mom is not easy and I have a ton to learn, but I am so grateful that I have Ambrose to learn all the parenting lessons with since he is one of my very best friends.
Faux Gifts
Here is the birthday boy helping his mother set up for Enrichment -- the Relief Society Birthday Celebration on his birthday... what an interesting coincidence. :)

13 comments:

erika lynn said...

give amby a HUGE sloppy wet kiss for me!!!!! tell him auntie erika says happy birthday and i love him with all my heart.
xoxox.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Ambrose. I hope your mom let you listen to us singing to you on her voice mail. :-) I am sure it was lovely.

stef j. said...

Good job Ambrose! That first year can be a rough one - I don't think we realized what we were getting into when we agreed to this mortality thing.

echo said...

we love you ambrose!!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy! We are so excited to see you in just a couple more months!

boo face mcjones said...

happy birthday ambrose! i had dinner with some friends the other night, and one of them mentioned that she was blog stalking (odd timing, eh?), and she stumbled upon one of my friend's blogs that just happened to feature the cutest baby she had ever seen--she was quite adamant about that. lo and behold, it was the one and only ambrose. but really, we all saw that one coming, right?

The Prigmore Family said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBROSE C!
One year older and wiser too.
Watch out momma.

star said...

I can't believe that sweet chicken of yours is really 1. Has a year gone by that fast? I am so thankful for your insights, humor, and comments on your blog. You make me laugh. You make me cry. I have loved seeing Ambrose grow and take part in your journey through motherhood. It's a joy.

Melissa said...

happy birthday little stud Ambrose

Luisa said...

Steph, that was so sweet...I felt like I was about to cry reading what you said about how you feel about him from even the moment of pushing...I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I'm dang close and it made me feel so excited that I'm going to be feeling what you described so soon...plus, I've decided I won't be a wuss when it comes to pushing--if you can go the extra mile, then I will too:) But you're right, I am dying to meet my little boy that has been inside me now for so long--so I know I'll be feeling the same way.

lizzie said...

Happy Birthday Ambrose! Late, I know, but sincere nonetheless. :)

Kahilau said...

What a great way to capture his life so far. That's a fun idea. Abbi is almost one, we will have to try that too. Such great pics.

AJ said...

wow- That is an impressive spread!