20 March 2008

hello. i am a mom. can you tell?

my sisters need to update their blogs more often. i'm annoyed. :) not really, but i am starved for news/images of their lives.

perhaps therein lies the problem: they actually have lives!! what's that like? jk. sort of. ha!

anyways, ambrose went to his one year well-baby checkup today and got a bunch of shots and we found out that he weighs 26 lbs. is 31 and 3/4 inches and is in the 90th percentile for weight and 95th for height... hooray! he is back on the charts and actually has a percentile to call his own! :)

i was also very well taken care of by my friends today. thanks for feeding us echo and thanks for offering me your car to get to echo's matti and jonathon. true pals all of you.

oh yeah: and lastly, i feel like now that ambrose is officially a year old, he has decided to go ahead and start performing... well, at least for me. i can never get him to perform on command for an audience. most kids are funny like that. anyway, today i counted off to three like i normally do when i am finishing changing his diaper and he said a very enthusiastic, "two!" after i said, "one..."

also, if i ask him: "what does the doggie say?" he says "ahh! ahh!" in the same tone that you would say: "arf! arf!" or whatever doggie noise you prefer (the judges will also accept: woof woof, ruff ruff, or any form of howling). it is very cute to say the least.

and after forever of feeling like a crazy person signing to myself, he finally signed back "more" to me at breakfast after i prompted him! success!! well, he has only repeated it one other time since, but, what the heck: SUCCESS!!!! ;)

this growing-human-before-your-very-eyes thing is kinda fun. thanks for indulging me.

Want to listen to a nice remake? I always love Regina Spektor- she did a great job with this cover but I could only find a live version on You Tube. Check out iTunes for the studio version which is really cool- it is well worth the 99 cents.

5 comments:

echo said...

so proud of ambrose and his percentiles!! great job bubba!!

Melissa said...

Ambrose has a wicked impression of a dog barking...it's too cute!
loved the song.

Ashley said...

Ambrose is such a cute little one year old. I am so sorry that I don't update my blog very often, but as you said I do have a life. Actually most of the time I don't have a life or a camera so I feel lame when I blog. I did have a fun week though, so maybe I will blog about it.

melissa said...

i've been waiting all week to listen to this because i kept checking your blog at work and couldn't...real nice work, regina, like usual.

but did i ever talk about how i saw her show and she's kind of unsociable? actually kind of rude. wierd. still gotta love her.

stef j. said...

love Love LOVE Regina ... I didn't even know she existed three months ago, then Melissa C. enlightened me. She's phenomenal!

And Ambrose ... even more phenomenal. Addi's always tipped the charts - guess we're just making 'em big these days.