first: today i am thankful for chances to hear baby no. 2's heart beat this morning, cold medicine that pregnant women can take, a date with ambrose this afternoon, and thomas again for waltzing in early from work to pick up the pieces and take care of everything so his sick wife could get some rest. nice.
ok, on to THE PROJECT i finished!! (dont get too excited...)
i started a blanket in like august of 2007 i think (is that right kristen?). it was supposed to be a large, light weight nursing blanket for ambrose since i could nurse him in the middle of a posh restaurant with my other one and no one even knew.
"my other one" was made by my aunt patti. it was/is awesome.
this one... not as awesome but bubba loves it and i am fond of it for the following reasons:
1. it is kind of my first sewing project since i made those boxer shorts and scarlet o'hara costume in jr. high with my mom
2. it took forever- here and there since way back when so it is a big part of ambrose's life in a weird way
3. since he hasnt nursed since like march when he turned one it is no longer a nursing blanket, but it can remind me of that special stage in our lives and he loves to cuddle up with it at bed time
4. i like the colors. i have an obsession with mint or sea foam green. even the name "sea foam green" makes me happy
5. i made it! (dont look too closely though. seriously. the stitching is all uneven on the entire border and i even missed the edge entirely on one part and had to sew it out of the edging just so it would stay together and not look like some strange handle)
crafty crafty- LOOK OUT! on to the next project!!