07 August 2009

i'm not worried

Weird distortion going on
about any impending hurricane. the news says it shouldn't hit us anyway probably, but i am listening to my mellow sewing tunes, almost all alone while thomas is out late playing the drums, constructing some huck finn pants for a sweet little one year old boy, keeping time to the rhythm of my baby's coos, feeling nervous about some big changes coming up, grateful for the turn our luck has taken, happy to be able to keep in touch with you.

huck finn pants fotos and life updates to come.

7 comments:

Smiths said...

A summer isn't summer without talk of hurricanes and the ocassional tropical storm.
I'm feeling a little copy cat-ish now that i've seen your koolaid playdough blog. I swear I thought of it all on my own. I guess we were both in playdough mode. Great minds think alike :)

martin said...

oh i remember the days of hurricane warnings. and i remember the ghost snake. and it gave us a little pooh bear chuckle.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I have been using cloth diapers during the day and put them in my emergency back packs. I highly recommend it. We are out in the country and our babies will have to crawl in there poop if we run out of diapers! Let me know if you want a few cloth diapers for your emergency stash, I have a lot. a disaster here is no big deal, It just means we will be camping for a few months in the mountains. How fun would that be?!!

echo said...

excited for your big changes
happy that your luck has taken a good turn
love that i can keep in touch with you too
can't wait to see the huck finn pants.

liko said...

you are on a roll creating!!! and what news!? i wanna know!!
and i need to work on a gift for that soon-to-be one year old, too!

martin said...

OOH WHAT ARE THE CHANGES? ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHANGES SINCE I LEFT IS THAT YOU BECAME A SEWING EXTRAORDINARRE (TWO R'S, WHAT?) GOOD LUCK SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD? "WHAT NEWS?" SHE SAID AS SHE BROUGHT UP ONE HAND AND CUPPED IT AROUND HER EAR.

Carrie said...

Oh I'm a sucker for life news and huck fin pants. I bought that book too and I loooooove it.