30 August 2009

thrifting karma

we went thrifting/photographing/playing yesterday and i had my eye out for three things: vintage pyrex (duh), china that fit our style/stage of life, and vintage sheets to use for sewing household things for the new apartment.

megan walton, we walked into your very favorite wahiawa salvation army and has it ever let us down? no it has not. first thing i saw was a set of four of these:




dinner plates, salad plates, saucers, one tea cup (which will be decoration or for my morning herbal tea) and a sugar bowl. ahhhhh! i love the colors. i hope you can see their loveliness with my sophisticated photobooth images! :) and how much did i get the whole set for- $20 total. i think that's less than one plate of china at a department store and i am equally pleased.... maybe more pleased because it was such a find! good thing there are four people in our family... if we feel crazy and add to that number
i could always go here if i felt like i just had to have more (kids)- haha!

oh, and no vintage pyrex was to be found- but that's the joy of thrifting... maybe next time. i saw some contenders, but it's bad thrifting karma to take something you dont love when someone else might love it more.

and we did find a cool vintage sheet:
which i will be THOROUGHLY washing before i make anything with it... and it is HUGE so expect to see many things come from this little beauty.

so fun.

and now ambrose is saying, "MORE PICTURES!! lots and snots of PITCHERS!!!!!!" so here ya go:

16 comments:

modestmuse said...

hahaha! Coincidence indeed :) And good finds. I am planning to hit up that hot spot in Wahiawa myself in a a few weeks, so I hope you aren't totally thrifted out!!! p.s. Your hair has gotten so looong! I love it!

Anna K. said...

Which Salvation Army was it? The one in Wahiawa?? Cause that one is my favorite! Super cool items!

.Ang. said...

I LOVE Thrifting successes!! I've been feeling lucky lately. (in the thrifting sense... I've got good vibes!!) Sadly my van isn't too reliable right now. :( It's probably for the best. I can think of a few things i need more than stuff.

I love that set!! Love it!! It reminds me of the set I inherited from my great Grandma. Things to look forward to when we go back home!

and I've got a soft spot for vintage sheets too!! The more i get to know you the more i think we might be the same person.

:)

Melissa said...

nice finds! love that tea set!!

Melissa said...

well i guess it's not a tea set...um dinner set!? I don't know what it's called!

echo said...

i think my favorite part about this post is your one little eye ball peaking around the corner of all your lovely objects.

liko said...

oh, love that dinnerware set!!

and i believe that's the salvation army my mom dumped all her patterns and other stuff at. i haven't hit up a thrift store in ages. i think it's time i do, though!

and i have the same intentions for finding vintage sheets!!! i wanna re-purpose them!!! your mother-in-law has some fabulous ones, at least of what i remember from the picnics.

great finds, my friend!

liko said...

ummm, and what day you wanna go thrifting this week??? hmmmm?? tomorrow??

Roeckers said...

Love them!! Can't wait to see what u make!
Enjoy your morning tea. Cute set...You have inspired me to go thrifting

lorieloo said...

so so so cute! can't wait to see what froline stephanie does with her sheet/curtains....or shall I call you stephanie o'hara?? =)

Kim's just sayin' said...

it must be so nice to be Living here and staying put (for awhile at least) and find so many awesome things to decorate your home. I can't wait til I can collect cool things to keep when we are done here. I need to hear about your thrifting places and hit them up. I'm thinking a girl's night/day of thrifting?!?!?
Oh yes and I LOVE the dinner set.

stef j. said...

gorgeous gorgeous!!

the vintage and the people...

Matti said...

So cute. amazing finds!!

Matti said...

So, I am heading to the airport this afternoon...I know where I am going after that. ;-)

Brooke said...

I just realized I didn't have you on my list of friends...hope you don't mind me adding you. I love your blog! And I LOVE your STYLE!!!! Wish I could be like you.

The Prigmore Family said...

Wahiawa. All I can think of is the Mcdonalds and "rules are made to be broken". Thanks for the smile tonight!