31 October 2009

we love to camp

We had a nice, rainless, delicious, and adventure filled camping trip.

I haven't gotten my camera out with the couple pictures we took, but here are some from Thomas' cell phone and from Liko:





It was really fun! I think next time we will try a different spot. Hoomaluhia is AWESOME so we will definitely go back sometime, but we want to try other places too.

And I am officially retiring from my self-appointed position as group camping trip organizer! This trip started out as a lot of people saying they wanted to go so Liko and I getting things set up and then people being in, out, and in between.

Next camping trip is gonna be simple- maybe just our family and one other. We will see. Camping is just fun- period.

6 comments:

laurel said...

oh holy moley. That little asher is too PRECIOUS!!! Thank you for your comments on my blog btw friend! It always makes my day.

Matti said...

Sorry to be the in-betweeny weenies. ;-( I hope the kiddos went down for you easily after we left. We will definately not be doing that to everyone else again. Next time we'll be sure to bring a tent and stay....we love hanging out with our friends! Thanks for all you did as self-appointed organizer. That is a BIG job. (And I am saying that with Eden's enthusiasm).

liko said...

it was fun! yes, our family will be a camping one and that's fine with me! i love just being in nature, away from the rest of the world. it gives me piece of mind. and doug was wanting to do beach camping, just because, you know how we feel about the water.

;-)

so we will probably follow suit, try camping more often since we will be having more longer weekends (maybe sneak in some home-school science lesson), hit up different camp spots and explore and enjoy it! and friends can make it more fun!!

Kahilau said...

Looks like so much fun! You are a brave woman! I want to go camping but it's bitter cold!

ashley said...

rad, i love that you don't shy away cause you have two lil ones! hero status! looks like a great time, can we join you after "the rain season" ?

Smiths said...

Hoomaluhia is rad. We did campouts and easter there every year. It's been 15 years since I've been there though. Maybe longer. You'll have to reaquaint me with it someday.