29 October 2009

boy were they ever cute!

We had a ward trunk-or-treat tonight so it was do or die with the costumes. I worked hard the last couple of days and was happy with the results.

Thomas created the AWESOME robot costume and I created the adorable (if I do say so myself) Pinocchio costume. I wasn't sure I was going to make the hat until the last minute when I suddenly thought of a way I could do it. So glad. It made the outfit complete. I also made Ambrose's trick-or-treat bag.

All the hard work paid off because Ambrose was so happy to be a robot and had a blast running around proclaiming "TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!!!" all night long. I think he's saying it in just about every picture I have of him on here. He knew it meant "GIVE ME CANDY!!!!!" and that is something he is VERY enthusiastic about.

I got the trick or treat bag fabric LAST YEAR and since I didn't really know how to sew back then it sat in a bin. I was happy to be able to use it this year- yahoo!








Thanks to Liko for the bag pattern and Ashley for the Pinocchio ribbon!

14 comments:

liko said...

i feel so halloween-ey with the song and the costumes and the whole holiday vibe going on!

cool!

LOVE the adorable costumes!!! you AND thomas did good!!!

that's the cutest robot and pinnochio i've ever seen! woohoo!!

isn't this memory-making so awesome?!

.Ang. said...

I agree with Liko, the song is a nice touch!

The costumes turned out great!! I'm glad you made the Pinnochio hat! It is perfect!! Hard to believe you've only been sewing for a year!! you inspire me!

and Ambrose is the cutest little robot! Good Job Thomas!

Ali said...

Oh my goodness... they are so cute!!

lorieloo said...

oh WOW so cute! so impressed with all your fun sewing. I wanted to do homemade this year but just couldn't find the time. Or the energy...hmmm...wonder why. =)
You've inspired me though.

diana palmer said...

i am so impressed! asher is the sweetest pinocchio. i wish so much i could hear an ambrose version of trick or treat? i can almooooost hear it in the pictures. we copped out on our supposed homemade costume tradition and went the costco route this year. 10 bucks.

Marcus Lane said...

so rad!

Matti said...

Great work you two! The had definately completes the ansamble...(have I mentioned I'm a poor speller)? And love Thomas's version of a Robot. So cute!! They both look as happy and proud in their costumes as I imagine you and Thomas feel. See you soon friend. Can you believe it??

Natalie said...

SO CUTE! They both turned out really good. Happy Halloween!

Audra said...

It is fun that they can wear costumes and not have to cover them up with thick winter coats! It has snowed here already! We always have cold Halloweens in IF! Cute kids!

echo said...

they look GREAT!!!
now i feel bad cause i didn't do anything for gideon:(

ashley said...

they look awesome! i feel so proud to have contributed to that cute little mans costume! love him! and amby makes an amazing robot!

Ashley said...

They are so cute! Asher's costume turned out even better than I imagined. You need to add a fake nose!

Kahilau said...

Mike says, "He's a REAL BOY!" They look great. I love the robot. So so cool!

Melissa said...

great job you two!! they're so cute!