05 February 2010

thomas is playing battle of the bands tonight so i'm going to blog about this

Hey peeps. Doesn't this song make you want to dive in the ocean deep and swim and swim? Give it a minute- get to the awesome chorus especially. Magical.

Uh, anyway: I got looking at like three blogs tonight that talked about decorating and I was all fluttery and excited for them and thinking about the progress our little place is making these days.




Why are the pictures so small?? Hmmm.... well, let's just pretend I meant to do that to keep you in suspense for the final reveal??

Dry wall is pretty much done and so we've chosen some paint colors

a warm moss/light olive green for the main room, "sea spray" blue for our room, "vintage" yellow for the boys (I tried not to let the word "vintage" automatically sway my decision but it is a nice yellow- not that baby chick ugly unisex yellow that is on so many ugly unisex baby things- you know?), and then turquoise for the bathroom.

Turquoise you are screaming at the monitor????!!

Yep. It's to go with these sweeeeeet turquiose Anthropologie knobs we bought for the vanity in there:
cool eh?

They'll look quite charming with our shower curtain I think:


Yuck, all of these photobooth pictures are such bad quality you just can't see how cool the colors are.

Guess you'll just have to come over and see it in person when it's all done.

Don't ask me when that will be. Your guess is as good as mine. BUT- when it is- you are invited. Come over. A lot. :)

14 comments:

.Ang. said...

The colors are great.(totally not a kindergarten classroom) The knobs are great(Love em!), the shower curtain is great!

I CAN'T WAIT to see it in the flesh whenever it happens!

liko said...

oh we cannot wait to see everything done and in its place. lovin' the knobs and shower curtain and paint colors!!!

and i feel like a mermaid underwater listening to this song, my friend with great music taste.
:-)
and next week we will both be dressed for the beach!!!

Kahilau said...

Those colors are amazing! I love that shower curtain too and the knobs! Fun Fun. Your house looks SOOOOO different already. We would love to stop by, and play at the beach with your amazing family. I will get back to you when the funds are in the bank!

ashley said...

and we will be over, a lot.

love the colors! so fun to pick all this stuff out! yeah!

boo face mcjones said...

oh goodness, i cannot wait to see the final product! i am LOVING the colors you have picked out! and heaven knows i approve all knobs at anthropologie. mostly because it's the only home decor item we can afford at the lovely place...

and yes, we will have to come over. it is always on my to-do list. i just have to find a way to make it happen.

sheila said...

that is one of the most exciting things in life... to me anyways. really. Picking out what your home will look like.
I'm excited for you. We will be in your shoes in a month or so from now. We are adding onto my husbands grandma's house and getting ready for a family of 4.
I'll be over when you're finished.
macaroons are awaiting too! Next Thursday?

Matti said...

I think the colors will be great. And I figured your photobooth doesn't represent the colors adaquately. Because when I first came upon this post I thought, "REally? Those colors?" But then I quickly realized it was probably bad lighting...cause you have great taste. I mean...just look at that adoreable shower curtain. I can't wait till your place is done so I can some hang out every day and enjoy it's awesomeness. It'll be ready for you before you know it! And I can't wait to see the turquoise! I love that color.

Bluebird & Company said...

Wow! Sheetrock, eh? Fun!
I love that phase of the project. I also REALLY love those turquoise knobs. I wish I could do more fresh colors in my house...I have too much WOOD!
I can't wait to see what you come up with !

Kristen said...

FUN Steph!! LOVE the colors! I keep thinking i want to repaint my house. It will look like skittles. It gives me fun tickles inside. :) you're motivating me..

Diana said...

that looks amazing! i don't even recognize the place!

Rebecca Waldron said...

Decorating a house sounds like the most fun project I could imagine. You're going to have a blast and the colors look great. I kind wait to see your fabulous taste translated into a home. Let me know if you need any help painting, I've repainted my room so many times growing up that I'm pretty much a pro.

Thank you also for all your kind comments on my blog. You're so kind and we all need a little encouragement sometimes!

Carrie said...

How exciting! It seems like it would be so hard to pick out everything for every room. I think I would be so overwhelmed. Good job though, it all looks beautiful. That shower curtain is amazing and I'm still dreaming of that rug from target.

liko said...

http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/activities/

http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/printables/

happy school ideas.

Smiths said...

I'm so so SOOOOOO excited for you guys. The house looks great. I'll tell myself I"ll get to decorate my house in HI when I develop a better sense of style :)