I'm sure Asher is too, but since he sticks to "Deh." mostly in conversation we'll have to focus on the older child this year. We wrote down what we were thankful for in FHE and I had to get Ambrose's somewhere where I wouldn't lose them... somewhere like a blog. Because they are precious and because they make me laugh.
In random order from the "thankful" turkey box:
1. All of my family "precuz" (anytime you see the word "because" from here on out picture him saying, "Precuz"- thanks.) they are like to play with me.
2. For our friends too!
3. Mama! because you're really nice to me and because I like my mommy.
4. And Daddy! Because he likes me and I listen to him (we both raised an eyebrow) and he's so nice to me and so I like him. Write a "T".... (I'm guessing for Thomas?)
5. For Jesus because he keeps me safe.
6. The temple because I like the missionaries there and I like all the pretty stuff in there.
7. For our toys.
8. For going to my friends house because I like my friends to play!
9. For Ambrose because I like being Ambrose! Because I want to stay being Ambrose. (Seems reasonable.)
10. Heavenly Father because he gives me my body and is so nice to me. (Nursery has paid off.)
11. My Maliks and my Adelaides!! And Ivy, Tyken, Eden, Shae.....and HAPPY SCHOOL!! (Sorry any other friends. I know he's grateful for you too. He's just workin' with three year old recall here.)
12. Beds. Because at night time we sleep on our beds and at nap time. (Nap time. Really. I wish you would Ambrose.)
13. For my slippers because I like going to birthday parties with my slippers on.
14. Swim lessons because I'm thankful for my teachers inside them. (About here I was ready to stop. He was not.)
15. For our bodies.
16. Our clock because it tells when to go to Monty's house when the little hand points to the four. (Good memory.)
17. Asher because when he "wahhhhhs" I make him happy.
18. My Papas and Grandmas because I like to play at their house and talk on the phone to them.
19. (Then he looked around, focused on the pen in my hand for a bit and said:) For writing because I like writing....... (at this point I said, "OK GOOD! Should we be done?!?")
I am thankful for this list and happy to have it recorded so I can someday cry and pour over it as the teeenage version of him texts his friends during the Thanksgiving FHE. :)
And here's some of our day:
The boys were good all day. It was so weird. Yesterday too. I felt like a real family and not like Thomas and I had agreed to ease wild animals into domesticity for once.
I am thankful for this sweet time of life.
ON TO CHRISTMAS FINALLY! (Our first Thomas Robertson family tree is up already! This is our seventh Christmas since we have been married and we have never had a tree! Blaspheme.)