(Because you've had flu like symptoms for six weeks due to a weird infection somewhere in your body and the antibiotics aren't doing their job yet and your back and legs hurt and hurt from it too and you wanna be around to help your loved ones on the mainland and so you miss them so so much and you feel like you are a bad mom because all you can do sometimes is lay down until pain meds kick in blah blah blah wah wah)
1. DO NOT check facebook. Everyone's chirpy little updates about how awesome their lives are will make you want to punch someone in the face or puke.
2. DO NOT attempt to raise two small children with big goals in mind... you will get better someday and you can go back to being Suzy Homemaker I am sure. Oh and PS- they are not trying to sabotage you or bother you... they are 1 and 3 year old boys... danger and energy are their middle names.
3. DO NOT clean your whole house and get all the laundry done and go for a park, museum, walk outing, followed by another bike ride at the first chance of feeling normal. It was just the pain meds talking... not your actual body telling you that you were all better now.
4. DO NOT say things you don't mean to your kids when you don't feel well it will come back to haunt you later (i.e.- Ambrose to Asher: "You're being annoying Asher!" and Ambrose to me: "You're driving me nuts Mama! Just give me a minute here!" Oh man.)
5. DO NOT obsesses over ways you can make money to pay off debt and visit family more. They know you love them and everyone will be fine. Just stick to the plan.
6. DO NOT skip taking meds to see "if you are all better." You are not and probably won't be until the antibiotics are done. You will be mean to everyone around you and have to lay down all day if you do this.
7. DO stack your Netflix queue with Christmas movies.
8. DO get some holiday baking done. Being sick has given you low appetite... but not that low.
9. DO get out with the kids at least once a day.
10. DO talk to family on the phone every chance you get.
11. DO send that package you have been meaning to send.
12. DO thank Thomas for taking care of the whole family so well for so long now.
He's been so sympathetic at every turn. If I were him I would be saying, "Lemme guess... your back hurts and you're achy and have a fever. AGAIN. Yeah, get over it lady." But he is very sweet. Always.
13. DO crafty things with the kids because it's quiet and they love it.
14. DO remember not to compare yourself with anyone else. EVER. EVER AGAIN. EVER. Everyone is different. Do your own thing.
15. DO get over feeling sorry for yourself. It's ugly on you.
16. DO things that make you happy and ditch those that don't.
17. DO finish another sewing project as soon as you can sit for normal amounts of time again.
18. DO watch that mouth of yours.
19. DO remember to thank Heavenly Father for all of our good health.
20. DO keep positive and keep working on your family goals.
This is just a phase.