12 January 2011

family quilt

Every family needs a family quilt.

The kind that sits on your couch unassumingly adding to the cozy of the room. The kind that keeps you warm on stormy mornings and is just the right size for Mama and her babes to snuggle up under and watch Parent Trap.

Pieced together entirely out of scraps I had laying around my sewing cabinet. I had fun with this one that I had been planning for two years now. Glad I finally did it! Thanks to my pal Katie for drawing the wavy waves for me to quilt on and my buddies Angie and Becky for helping me to breathe and re-pin the whole thing when it bunched up! Meg and Ash were great consultants on the design of the waves as well. We took a vote. It was serious. GO team!

Craft nights are great like that.

Now to decide what to sew next month... (I promise I won't put everyone to work each month, but boy am I glad you guys were there!)

10 comments:

liko said...

love it, girl! go you!!

sheila said...

awesome! want to make me one? haha juskiddin.

ashley said...

and i now feel like the worlds hugest slacker, i have not even finished the embroidery i started..... freaking computer! glad your sicking with your resolution, the quilt looks great!

echo said...

looks cozy. great job!

Carrie said...

I am smitten with the idea of a family quilt! What a great idea! Oh to have a million dollars to make it just the way I'd like.

katie speed said...

wow! you are a fast stitcher... looks so good!

Stephanie said...

Katie- I ended up machine stitching! Yes. Machines are fast. Haha

kimball said...

So domestic. Love the quilt.

Rebecca Waldron said...

Well done my friend! It looks great. Put me to work on your next project please! Craft nights are the best.

Kate said...

love it, fun fun throw. i need a new throw in my living room. hmmm, what can I do...

maybe i'll go surf facebook instead. :)

have i mentioned i think you're cool?

okay, what number post is this for me on your blog tonight? I apparently haven't checked many blogs recently, so sorry, much love intended.