1. When I am making designs and patterns up as I go I encounter interesting road-blocks... like, what exactly was my game plan for the straps for these backpacks I made the boys? I still don't know. I will have to make that up sometime when I haven't been making things up all night.
2. I sure do have a "look" I keep going for don't I? What would happen if the next thing I made had nothing to do with anchors, sailing, red, mustard, navy, or turquoise? Would I die?
3. Hours were spent on details my kids won't give a hoot about. I lined this bag and gave it an interior pocket and made sure the top flap was lined... my kids surely won't notice the adorable vintage, nautical fabric inside--they just want to make sure one doesn't have more fruit snacks than the other.
4. It's also apparent that I go to great lengths for even a glimmer of promise of silence at church. That's what these are for. One day a week. Lined and hand-stitched and lined again and my own pattern... for one hour, really, a week. Great lengths my friends.
5. In spite of all these earth-shattering revelations, I still had a fantastic time making these backpacks with good music in the background and the image of how excited they'll be to have something their very own with their names hand-stitched on that their Mama made with love .... and the hope that they'll zip it for a few minutes, I'll take just a few, at church.