08 November 2006

Last Weekend








Last weekend we went to Kekela Beach in Hauula to meet some of our very best friends, The Palmers, for a picnic. It was a really fun and relaxing time. The Palmers are Martin, Diana and their baby Myra. Martin's mom was also there to play with Myra in the water and join in the good time. We ate so much good food- really delicious tofu with a peanut curry sauce (my favorite kind of sauce EVER) and fruit, sandwiches, and pita chips with hummus...ah, it was delightful. I love a day of good friends and good food. We all took a walk down the beach and just basically enjoyed the day. Thomas and I had been to that same beach that afternoon and Thomas had a great time with his goggles out in the water while I relaxed on the sand like a beached whale, reading and napping. It is days like that that make you forget all responsibility.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

That sounds great. Myra is so cute.

Roeckers said...

A beach sounds good right about now...all I see is white wet stuff. Glad you had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Myra is sure cute! What a fun relaxing day. Who made the tofu with the peanut curry sauce? It sounds like a Kimball Hawkins treat to me!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me.

Stephanie said...

Diana's neighbors had given them the peanut curry sauce and Diana made the tofu. It looked all beige and mysterious, but was actually really tasty. I was happy to like it so much since it is a great source of protein....maybe I will get all crazy and buy some too.

melissa said...

Can you believe it's been years since I've been to a beach? (Besides Antelope Island.) Years. Can I come visit you, seriously? We can eat pizza and ice cream instead of anything remotely healthy (unless we recruit someone besides me to make it).