19 May 2008

hanging around home today

well fed
5:30am- wake up to child screaming- Amby has a fever

5:35am- dump ice water, cold clementines, and baby tyelnol down his throat to try and break fever

6:20am- head out for a long jog which turned out to be 1.5 hours long due to the fact that he fell asleep in the jogging stroller and i really wanted him to have a good nap

8am- return home just in time to shower and go to laie with grandma linda for BOM group

9:45am- babysit eden so matti can go to the gym

10:20am- both babies are cranky, whining, and determined to make the other one suffer- i make a mental note to tie my tubes soon

11am- matti returns around this time and both babies have calmed down, but yeah right, i'm not going to the gym. long jog sufficient for me. visit with matti.

11:30am- matti and eden leave and amby fluctuates between grabbing his gums and sobbing to gnawing on anything he can get his paws on to throwing my cell phone across the room in frustration.

12:00pm- give ambrose snack in highchair and retreat to my bedroom to check my email and get a breather...

12:18pm- checking email, editing photos, not noticing the lack of activity in the next room...

12:20am- ambrose snoring loudly in highchair. ah. <3 so cute! won't tie my tubes afterall.

:)

11 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

i know i read the whole post, but all i can think about is the fact that you went on a 1.5 hour run! what?!? man, and i was proud of my 30 minutes today... you amaze me.

Anonymous said...

I was amazed by your log run as well AND the fact that you were going to go to the gym after..WOW!

Stephanie said...

my life consists of few activities since i am car-less and we've got bills to pay so being a little athletic not only gives me something to do but off sets all of the eating that i enjoy so much! :)

. said...

Mothers must be blessed with abundant energy, you already did more by noon than I did all day!

KristenE. said...

Dude! Way to go Steph! You are officially the world's coolest mom. I can kinda understand how you feel now that Ava is starting to teethe. Love ya, girlie! Keep up the good work!

p.s. I think about tying my tubes ALL the time!

lizzie said...

Hahaha! I totally have days like this. Days where I'm certain I never want another child and then five minutes later I want at least six more.

melissa said...

here's a long anecdote in response: we live up the hill from a high school, and the other day i saw these two high school girls running up it, and i thought--man, remember those days? i need to get back into running if i hope to curb the results of the big breakfasts nate likes. but i'm too old now (ha). then i saw these two girls probably about my age with babies in strollers (one of them had 2!) jogging up the same hill. i felt so lame. you, (don't feel bad about this; it's a good thing) also make me feel lame. remember last summer when i was a runner? i'm gong to try that again, i just hate using the few evening hours nate and i have together for excercise, and i'm way too lame to get up early like you. anyway, i think you're pretty cool, pal.

Star Gazer said...

What a great blog! :) I grew up with Thomas in the Laie 8th ward. It's so fun to see your beautiful family.

Luisa said...

boy i can relate today...(not to the running part)...jake is so fussy and i'm doing anything for him to get a good nap...

The Prigmore Family said...

thanks for making me feel like a looser runner mcgee! There are several times during the day when I think about doing sit ups (running/ jogging, oh hell no) since I am already laying on the floor with the choob. Then I reach over and eat the half eaten pringle that was crushed in the carpet from the day before and I say to myself, "i'll do situps tomorrow."

stef j. said...

i don't know who the prigmore's are (previous comment), but i think we could be friends. :)