20 May 2008

i'm pathetic


oh leeza. you got me- you got me good.

in my defense: thomas has UY practice tonight and then wednesday and thursday night he has to sit in with cubworld and learn his songs so he can play drums for his show friday night and then he has another UY show that night and saturday night. so i was feeling sorry for my lonesome, car-less self.

anyone ever tried sheer cover make-up? the commercial promised that it would cover blotches and still look completely natural and do my dishes and mop my floor (amongst other things)! :)

and if i "acted now!" i would get it for the low rate of $59.99 and three free gifts! $59.99 for a bunch a make-up? first of all- it's a rare day when i actually get ready, let alone, WEAR make-up but for some reason i thought: "i could swing it and say it's for my birthday..." but wait! if i called within the next 6 seconds i could get it all, plus be upgraded to super-dee-duper fast shipping for not $59.99, not $49.99, not $39.99 but $29.99!

$29.99 for everything! if i act now!?!

my heart was racing. it all happened so fast. i was reading off my credit card number and agreeing to add on an extra $3.00 plus shipping for the special, what was it? lip stuff or something before i could even realize that she was talking so fast that i hardly knew what i was agreeing to. i'm still not sure, but i will figure it out once i get the bill and see in black and white just how sorry i feel for myself then. :)

11 comments:

melissa said...

i'm allowed to laugh, right?

The Prigmore Family said...

My MIL got me the bare minerals stuff for Xmas and me- the non makeup wearer was like "what the crap lady why did you get me this?" I have EATEN my words! This stuff rules and it seriously takes like 5 min to do and an eediot like me can do it so no regrets my dear. You will be a shimmering, blotch free beauty in no time.

Carrie said...

Hahahaha that was awesome. Let me know if you like it. Not that I'll buy it, but it will be one more testimony that my life is not complete until I have it.

diana palmer said...

you really have to post pics of the product in use

ashley said...

totally not about this post- love your last post. i have considered getting my tubes tied lately as well.

please share about the make up, i love that you bought it. someitmes you just have to bite the bullet!

echo said...

haha steph, you make me laugh. oh, and bruce says hi.

. said...

Oh infomercials. I know the heart pounding, anxious feeling, gotta get that deal NOW you spoke of. I have the Pilates circle to prove it :) You will have update us on how you like the stuff.

Stephanie said...

you shall all see the results in 5-7 business days... how's that for super fast shipping... oh i mean regular shipping! oh man.

Lisah said...

Hey Steph, you pay that much every 3 months I think! I got some paper in the mail about it... and my mother in law in on their program. I think it is good makeup though!

Stephanie said...

yeah- i was telling my friend and her husband about this sad story and then it dawned on me that the lady (while she was talking really really fast) said something about each month or every three months or something... oh man. :) i guess i will figure it out once the bill comes! :) haha- thanks for the heads up lisa!

harmony said...

hi stephanie!
i found your blog off lizzie & micah's...love it!

anyway, i totally got sucked into the sheer cover sales pitch too! except when i bought the kit - it was a trial offer for only - ONLY - $9.95! i must have missed the extreme small print cuz they started charging me like $30/month after that. so i ended up returning everything they sent me just to test the $60+ money back guarantee...booo. it wasn't worth it. especially since i never have the energy to put on makeup anymore. oh well, we miss y'all in the 8th ward!