02 June 2009

no baby, just birds.

anna had some cute little birds hanging over the bassinet when it was hers and i loved the idea.

so, i got the pattern from liko's book:
dont look too closely at the birds on the cover.... those are WAY nicer than mine.

to tell you the truth this project really frustrated me half way through. if i could go back and do it all over again i think i would hand stitch the whole thing.... since i am not a very precise sewer it was really tricky machine sewing that pointy beak and tail.

once i got stuffing and hand stitching them up i was having fun again though and i am happy with the result even though they kind of look like a fourth grader made them.

i made one for ambrose too so he wouldnt be jealous. it's now tossed in with all his other toys somewhere. ;)

well, i have a final appointment on thursday and my due date is friday. we saw the nurse practitioner today so she could make sure my blood pressure is still a-ok and she said she wouldnt be surprised if they induced me soon after my appointment on thursday- maybe even friday morning- since ambrose was such a huge baby. so... we could be meeting this boy before this weekend and that sounds good to me. until then i will continue to float in the ocean everyday and be really impatient. haha! :)

oh yeah, if you want to make your own little birdie-mobile i found a free tutorial on spool that looks really cute and my friends katie and matti have used this one and they both said it was easy to follow.

18 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Those birds are super cute! Why is the last bit of pregnancy so miserable? Ahhh! I'm feeling you, Steph! Hopefully induction is on its way!

ashley said...

by the weekend? wowzers, i am excited for you. but honestly, i always thought they are much easier to take care of when they are on the inside. i am sort of scared of newborns with how fragile they are and all.

and the birds look cute! i made some a while back and they are so fun. i know what you mean about tricky to sew, my first one was soooo ugly with a super messed up beak, but they got easier as i went on!

Anna K. said...

Wow Stephanie...you are so crafty! I love your birds! I can't wait for your baby and to see you!

Anonymous said...

Steph, best wishes on baby boy #2, can hardly wait to see his little face posted on your blog. You're in my prayers for a speedy delivery.

Jill (maybe you should come back home, it's not too hot here right now - LOL!)

meg fee said...

good luck, good luck with baby-to-be. i can't wait to hear all about it!

Hema and Becky said...

Cute birds! How exciting to be so close to the arrival of your little one. I wake up and check you blog each morning. I can't wait to see pictures. Good luck with everything!

Brittany said...

steph- our friend jennifer nassiri (who owns our house) is in hawaii today for a week and i am so jealous. and the palacios are leaving on saturday to go to hawaii too... i want to stow away in someone's luggage (with my 3 children) and come and help you with your new baby this weekend. maybe i will... i wish:)

Kim's just sayin' said...

super cute idea. I love it! I have an appointment on Thurs. too maybe I'll see you there and maybe you'll get lucky and have him tomorrow!!!! :)

Meg said...

Indie has those birds hanging over her crib too, actually the ones from spool, they should be friends. I can't wait to meet your new little man, he will be so squish-ably adorable I just know it!

. said...

cute birds, love that book, and hope we meet #2 soon, soon, soon!

laurel said...

man, you should have a lot more babies after this one... they really up the excitement value of the blog. :)

Melissa said...

good job!

come out Asher! we are waiting for you!!! :)

liko said...

i don't know why you point out how imperfect they are, because they look fine to me, girly. and it's funny how out of touch one can feel after skipping a day of being online...
love the birdies, hope you are doing good, waiting for asher's arrival, and i cannot wait to meet the little man.
if doug lets me get pregnant again, i may make a mobile of some sort...and by then, you will be an expert and can help me out.

Brady and Rachel said...

What a cute idea. Baby by the weekend! Hip hip hooray. That was one of the reasons I was induced a week early with Baylee was because of the whole big baby thing. Fortunately she was closer to Camden's weight than Tayson's. Hope all goes well with Labor and delivery, induced or not. Hang in there, soon enough it will all be done.

Cammie said...

I love your birds! Thanks for the link. I've been trying to figure out what to make to put on the outside of my baby gifts for the next year and these will be perfect!
Good luck with the upcoming delivery!

sheila said...

Steph you are amazing. I am a believer in dangling little toys/birds/mobiles above babies. Kailani loves her dangling things above her crib. You are getting craftier and craftier. I feel so lazy lately so you are very inspiring.

ps thanks for making the correction about the mochi.

Brady and Rachel said...

K, so dr. appt? Is there an induction taking place this weekend? Hope all goes well. You're in my prayers!

echo said...

love the birds. asher is going to be a nature child with his birds and his owl.