05 August 2009

my old crafty self

a couple of weeks ago i was feeling a little sad about that fact that i didnt have energy to sew or be crafty anymore. and i thought, "that's funny. i cant make anything because i made another person. well, that's fine. i am happy with that for now." so, when i saw this a couple days later i nearly died laughing:

found here
so true! anyway, i decided not to do the advanced sewing class. it just wasnt gonna work out with my family's schedule that well and i like putting first things first and letting things happen if they are meant to happen.

last night, the kids were sleeping and so i decided to get over the sewing slump and i made this:

for a friend. it's the vintage apron project from bend the rules sewing.

and i finally got around to cookin' up some koolaid playdough that i heard about on my friend carrie's blog- it smells awesome and doesnt stain... just dont try eating it.

it may smell like candy, but as i warned the boys, it tastes like a big salt lick (echo... haha). the boys thought they were being so rebellious by chanting, "eat it! eat it!" and so i said, "go for it." and they learned their lesson pretty quick. ha!

and as for cookin'- i've made a bunch of stuff out of the tried and true recipe book over that last couple of months (aside from my normal dinners which involves making up a meal to use whatever produce we have). let's see if i can remember it all... well, here's a sampling:

lizzie's hummus
megan's thai pork noodles (we used chicken though)
echo (private blogger- sorry no link) and molly's german or puffy pancakes
suzanne's bbq chicken
star's ultimate pizza dough
ashley's peppery broccoli chicken pasta
taylor's homemade oreos
logan's orange julius
melissa's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
star's peanut butter fudge
becca's brown sugar muffins

i think that's it... it's been a tasty couple of months!

hooray for creating and making. it makes life more fun.

8 comments:

melissa said...

mmm, i always use echo's pizza crust now because it's so darn easy and i don't have to make it a day in advance like my old recipe. and i put raspberries in becca's brown sugar muffins the other day and mm mmm mmm.

so seriously, steph, that was pretty much the best gift ever. you should sell it.

modestmuse said...

wow, I've felt nasty all day but the list of recipes actually makes me hungry! I need to crack into my Tried and True again soon.

Melissa said...

okay love the apron! its so cute thanks again!
and...
i am just waiting for the day when you try on of my recipes from the tried and true book. I put in the meat loaf and the chocolate pudding cake recipes-- and I can't remember the other one (both so easy and I promise delicious!!) try them soon!? The meatloaf used to be on of my very favorite recipes to make (when I was a still eating meat).
Are you sold yet!? haha

anyways glad you get to be crafty again :)

echo said...

salt lick. yummmm. sometimes i forget how much you know about me. haha.
glad you got to be crafty again. it really does feel so good to create something.

liko said...

love that apron!! super cute! and i can see in the photos you post how asher is growing and changing. and speaking of creating, it has been a while since i have "made" anything too, and today i started making an adaptation of a dress i saw from anthropologie for faith. almost done. and i will post a pic when i am done, for sure.
and i will try that play doug one of these days...

.Ang. said...

I love that crafty poster! I saw it on a blog the other day and had a good chuckle!

That apron is Darling! Love the fabric choice!! nice one!

Way to get back in the crafting mode!

You've inspired me to make some playdoh for my kids. I got fed up with their 100 million different colors that we somehow inherited from someone when they moved, and I threw it out! SOO messy and SOOO annoying! I think one color of Koolaid playdoh would do the trick!!

My mom used to make us edible playdoh.. I should see if she still has the recipe!

lizzie said...

Definitely loving the Rosie picture. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, even though I just sit around all day and hope the humidity passes.

ashley said...

you go girl! and you go thomas buying that great anniversary gift! if you get him the drums you are the best wifey ever!

oh, and i am impressed that your not doing the sewing class for your family. good answer! i probably would have been selfish and messed everything up on the days that i cad the class. so once again, you go girl!