1. Name: Ashley Louise Bowen
2. Favorite type of sewing project: The simple ones that dont take a week to finish!
3. City you currently reside in: Laie, Hawaii
4. Hometown: Riverside, California
5. Family stats: One Husband
6. Machine you sew with: Brother, that stopped working the other day, and by some miracle, decided to work again. Thank goodness!!
7. Picture of the project you are currently working on:
8. Picture of a finished project you are happy with: (Even REALLY happy with. We'll take that too.)
I know everyone has made these, but I really love to make baby clothes, and loved the striped one so much, I am saving it in hopes my future kid can wear it. Hopefully I have a girl.
9. Do you have an etsy site? No
10. What fabric are you currently drooling over? Anything from this little shop in Oceanside
11. Sewing project you would most like to attempt but are admittedly frightened of or just need to learn more about: I want to make clothes for myself that are cute/fashioney, and dont make me look too homemade. I need to learn how to use a pattern.
12. Favorite online crafty blog that you draw a lot of inspiration from: I look at made, ruffles and stuff, and noodlehead all the time!
13. What sewing purchase are you saving your precious pennies for?: I am counting down the day until I go to the LA fabric district. Maybe some upholstery fabric so I can re upholster some old furniture. That sounds fun!
14. Online tutorial you plan to attempt: I am going to make the gathered clutch from Noodlehead’s blog!
15. When and how did you learn to sew?: Growing up, when I would try on clothes, I would always want to change something about the clothing. At first I would always make my mum do it, but she got tired of it, so I kinda taught myself, with helpful tips from my mum!
16. Your biggest sewing disaster story (picture if you have would be entertaining):
Last Christmas, I decided to make a board bag for David. I (secretly) outlined one of his favorite boards on a trash bag. And when I went to Cali (a little earlier than David) I bought all the fabric and started cutting away. Well, because I am soooo awesome, I cut out the fabric to the exact shape of the board, leaving no room for the board to slide in and out of the bag. I was freaking out because canvas is not that cheap. Fortunately, I pulled it off and added some white and it turned out great, and kinda looks like a cool space ship!
17. Favorite sewing book: I dont have any sewing books, I just get any ideas, or tips online.
18. Sewing hero you look up to: I would definitely have to say my mom, she has been sewing for me since I can remember, prom dresses, skirts, bags, etc.. and she has taught me all I know! (and she always helps me fix all my sewing oooops)
19. Anything else that would be interesting or funny or lame or sa-weeeeet to share with all your society pals: Im excited to see how creative everyone is with their projects!!!
20. If you could nominate yourself for an officer in this most prestigious society- what would your title be?: I would be the......dreamer?