26 June 2011

Ala Moana Beach Park

For the last day we just took it easy at Ala Moana beach park with the pop-up shade, a cooler full of delciousness, fun friends and great weather!


















Aloha 'Oe Stay-cation 2011. You filled the empty void of not being able to go home this summer nicely. I miss you friends and family on the Mainland, so very much, but I will see you next summer and in the meantime I am here so I am definitely going to look on the bright side and enjoy! Back to real life now...

5 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

Oh, the stay-cation looks like it was a dream! I looked forward to every photo while I was on my glamorous vacation in Idaho Falls... (you can see why photos of the beach were much more appealing...)

Natalie said...

We miss you too! But your staycation looked so fun and you got to sleep in your own bed every night. :)

melissa said...

yeah, seriously, a "staycation" has a lot more meaning when you live somewhere that people go on vacation.

you might think it's funny that i was really taken off guard by the picture of you lying directly on the sand up there. it just took me a long time to process, for some reason. lying on the sand. i haven't done that for many years. i haven't even been to a beach when it was warm enough to swim since...like...??????? oh this is sad.

but i love where i live, i swear.

Stephanie said...

My friend Matti has always been in awe (or shocked by heh heh) my talent for getting very extremely sandy at the beach. It just feels good to me! Come visit please and you'll see!

Melissa said...

a stay-cation in Hawaii is as good as it gets...

I just miss the beach, it's like 100 degrees and so we have to get creative. But we still have fun. Just saying tho, it's not Hawaii