23 May 2013

My English Department Bio

I had to write a short bio for the English department webpage today and thought it'd be fun to have a record of it here: 


My name is Stephanie Robertson. I grew up in Bakersfield, California and moved to Hawaii in 2004 as a transfer student. I fell in love with the subject of English in my general education classes and graduated as an English major in December 2005. After working as a program coordinator for a mental health agency I was happy to get back to my love of literature and composition as a Special Instructor at BYU-Hawaii. I have been teaching since 2009 and love helping my students find joy in reading, confidence in writing, and creative "ah-ha moments" in expressing critical thought.
I have a smart, talented husband who is a social worker/therapist and three wild, lovable little boys. They are my absolute favorite people in the world... Jane Austen, John Steinbeck, Sylvia Plath, Ray Bradbury, and Harper Lee are close seconds.

2 comments:

melissa said...

atta teach

Thomas said...

I made it into the bio! <3