29 May 2009

another thrilling update

mostly i just dont want diana to bite all her nails off- how on earth is she going to paint them unconventional colors (remember when i would amuse you with my color choices diana?) if there are no nails left to paint?!?

welp, in a last minute bad choice, i took ambrose to the doctors with me on wednesday afternoon and he was in RARE form and as they were taking my blood pressure he was sitting on my lap trying to tear the band off my arm and SURPRISE SURPRISE my blood pressure spiked.

so,

they made me stay and do all these tests to make sure the baby was ok.

and then they made me come back again this morning (and it sounds like i missed a really fun beach day as a result! sad.) and do some more tests.

i didnt WANT to actually HAVE hypertension.... but.... i'll admit, i was thinking: "WHOO HOO! let's induce me and get this baby OUT!"

but, just as i thought, it looks like i am ok. whatevs.

so,

i go back tuesday to check it all again and thursday for a regular appointment and friday is my actual due date.

so: ONE MORE WEEK!

unless i have contractions again, but i have decided NOT to get my little hopes up.

ONE MORE WEEK PEOPLE.

sitting around... and waiting.... like this.

what will i be doing in the meantime?

getting ready for my in-laws to return on monday, ambrose has some preschool stuff planned next week and every other spare minute i am sure i will be laying right under my bedroom fan in my underwear.

so call before you come over. or not. ha!

14 comments:

Roeckers said...

I hate those last few days!! They seem to last forever, but at the same time you almost want them to so you can enjoy every last moment with the soon to be somewhat neglected sibling!
Good luck Stephanie! Hope the little man shows his face sooner than later!

Kim's just sayin' said...

goodness, you sound so patient! I would going crazy. good luck with the last week.

diana palmer said...

oh what a relief, thank you thank you thank you. i'm going to cry. this is just so major, you know? still going to call you tomorri.

Christina said...

So exciting!!!

If you really want to move things along try checking out a herbal store. 'Materna Tea' and 'Birthing Tea' are 2 I know of but they should be able to help you find something!

stef j. said...

i'm glad you wear your underwear.

Jared Zane said...

Weeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited! I can't believe the time has already come!!!!!!Baby baby Baby!
p.s this pinback song is my favorite!

Matti said...

Um, my dear....let me watch him next time. ;-) I know you probably hate asking someone to watch him cause of how long it might take...and the long drive...yadda yadda yadda-cause I felt the same way having to go to my appointments and bring Eden. (And then I feel like everyone at the office is staring at me watching me handle Eden and silently thinking to themselves "you think you should have another child?" But what I am basically saying is...Red Rover Red Rover, send Amby right over! I could use an extra 2 year old around here to help me burn a few more calories each day. ;-)

liko said...

okay, my youngest is 3. i can totally take ambrose and keep him occupied and handle any fits, if they arise. we can find lots of fun things to do. so, if you need me, i am totally up for it! we would love to have another playmate! seriously, steph. not kidding.

liko said...

and i am glad that all is well and that you and baby are good.

KristenE. said...

I dont think Im gonna call before i come....woohoo!

betsy said...

i'm glad everything is fine and that you guys are healthy :)

i did receive the "package." haven't had a chance to view the goods yet. will let you know if its any good.

sheila said...

That must feel so different to actually KNOW when baby is coming.
That's exciting too. I love new babies!
-and old ones too-

boo face mcjones said...

man, i leave the blogging grid for two and a half weeks and all kinds of things happen! goodness sakes, little one, i cannot believe how close you are to the baby! BWAH! keep us posted.

thank you.

Emily said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you this week! The world is just blessed to welcome your off-spring!