03 September 2009

asher slept all afternoon

and is actually still sleeping.

so this little boy got to play with daddy while mama got his bedspread good and sewn-up!

and he kept coming in to say, "oh hi mama. make'n amby blanket!!!"

to which i would stressfully reply, "yes baby, now go find daddy" as i messed up the binding time and time again... so dont look too closely at about four very ugly spots where my lack of precision came back to haunt me.... but she's done and although she definitely looks homemade (for the record i love the handmade look... but when i say "homemade" here i'm talkin' seventh grade home ec. style)- she's LOVELY!
hooray!

14 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

She's a real beaut Steph! Way to go. Big accomplisher mcgee. I too struggle with bindings. The last baby shower gift I made was pretty pathetic. I LOVE the octapai!!

echo said...

yes, lovely is the right word to describe it.
can't wait to see it close up.
i am sure it is not messed up. you are always your own worst critic.

liko said...

can i get a woop-woop!!!

go steph!!

i ♥ it!!!

diana palmer said...

its perfect.

Rach said...

TOTALLY lovely!! and FABULOUS, I love the colors too. just simple Amby style

Matti said...

Absolutely adoreable! Good for you! You take some huge baby steps. ;-)

Tara said...

fabbbbbulous! i love the handmade look too. i think you are amazing. i hope to make a quilt someday...

Carrie said...

I'm just so glad you got it done. Finishing projects is the hardest part!

And on top of being finished it looks great. What a bonus! And as I look at these photos I can just see him looking back with the blanket in hand and saying, "wow, I was two when you made this awesome blanket for me."

lizzie said...

You are a wonder, Mrs. Robertson.

.Ang. said...

YOU DID IT!!! and it looks wonderful!

I still need to finish mine... maybe another day.

laurel said...

I thought the same thing about Thomas in that last post regarding the great quote- "middle is gold." See? You DO know how to finish what you started! I too love the looks and the mistakes can only add to the endearing quality- little boys don't care about these things anyway I don't think.

. said...

CUTE! Love the choice of fabric, way to go my crafty friend.

Roeckers said...

Way to go!! I am very impressed! You've inspired my to try and finish my binding. I hate binding!

boo face mcjones said...

totally dig it.