02 September 2009

work in progress

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
i feel like i'm in the middle of everything lately.

my syllabus is done except for one part that i am working on and will hopefully be done with someday.

our contractor for the apartment remodel is so confident that permitting will be done soon that he brought an electrical contractor over today and i let my little hopes get up about { this } much.

i need to get over my nerves and quilt that dang old quilt for ambrose already.

i'm still workin on my fitness, but lost steam when i was sick and i know i'll get back to it, but it's just something that feels like a lost cause. do stretched out abs ever go back in? i've stretched them far and wide. twice now.

anyway, all i'm saying is i'm in the middle of some big things and it would be nice to have something finished.

meanwhile, i can be happy for others.

i reconnected with a dear old pal of mine. we go way back and she is doing some amazing things! no really-it's pretty inspiring.

normally when i meet up with an old friend on facebook or whatever, i feel a little slapped in the face about what a freak i am being my age with two kids, married for five years...etc. when they're living the fabulous life miles away (literally and figuratively, you know). but after browsing countless pictures of them in a parade of stylish outfits, holding sassy cocktail after sassy cocktail, i start to feel a little better... like, i think bars and clubs are boring (actually depressing if you think about it) and i would rather own my parade of i-can-roll-around-with-my-kids-in-these-clothes, holding sassy baby after sassy baby any day... and really, who's that thirsty?? haha

anyway, you get the point.

so, it was fun to see a peak into your wonderful life old friend. refreshing and i am excited to see what you'll do next!

and i'm happy for you, mom-to-be! and your sister, bride-to-be! and you, future-project-runway-winner!, and i've been thinking about how happy i am for you, my love - you are gonna be a great mom, and i'm always happy for how well things are going for this peach and her photos cuz really she's da bomb, and i am so so pleased about your current phase of life because although it is making you sick as well, i wanted it so bad for you too, because you are awesome and i love you. wow, there's a lot of pregnants in that paragraph and a few more who have yet to announce it on their own blog so i wont do it here.

and honestly, i guess just about everyone i know right now is in the middle of something and working through it (even if the thought of that brick building come monday is just too much) with perseverance and patience. thanks for your good example. let's just keep pressing froward together. i love you! i'm thinking about you. good nite.

15 comments:

liko said...

wow, someone was in a "link"ey mood this evening...must be the full moon. :-) and i am going back to the post now to click on all those links.
and you should get that quilt done for amby already, before he gets too big for it -- and when you're done, you'll be a pro and can teach me how! you are busy. when faith is healthy again, amby will be with me and maybe you can work on that quilt and finish that syllabus. and i am hoping the permits and remodel can get started SOON.
and baby news?? exciting!!! anyone i know??
can't wait to find out! (hopefully it's someone i know!)

Matti said...

Wow, lots of projects indeed. My advice...if you would like it. Just take pride in the baby steps. For instance working out: you do one video-GREAT! You accomplished your goal for the day. Don't think of getting into shape as a long process. Just do your video each day and BAM! you're done. Don't worry about tomorrow...that is what I have learned. And I think you can follow this advice with a few other things. Just take it in small projects and celebrate the little things. Like your quilt- Cut out your squares and do a victory dance. Then on to the next step some other time. Jumping off my soap box now. Love you! ;-)

Matti said...

Oh...just read Liko's comment. It's me...I'm pregnant. Ha! No, just kidding.

melissa said...

hey, tearing here.

Becky said...

Would it be totally weird if I friend requested you on FB?

laurel said...

Stephanie-
You're doing great. I can tell, even all the way over here in California. One of the things I get so frustrated about sometimes is exercise- I used to be in such such better shape than I am now- I mean really... running 4 miles a day and now I can barely run 1. Matti was right though about the one step at a time thing. Anyway, you should know I have been inspired by all you do-
P.S. still not in Korea...

echo said...

i think your life sounds fun and exciting. think of all the wonderful things you will get to do soon and when your in the middle of that you will miss this stage of life. i am so excited for you to teach. your students are very lucky. you get to design and decorate your new living space (insert intense jealousy here)and i want to think if more but gideon is crying right now so i better stop ignoring him and tie this long comment up.
love you
the end

Ashley said...

I know I haven't blogged about being pregnant, but I feel like since I was too lazy to do it at the beginning it is so random to blog about it now since everyone knows. I was just going to wait and blog in a couple weeks when we know what we are having.

Anonymous said...

If Heidi Klum can do it so can you!!!

Thomas said...

I'm reminded of something a wise person once said... "Middle is Gold."

diana palmer said...

you are the best friend ever and not just mine.

an inspiration to all.

two thumbs up, wait, what happened?

Tara said...

you are a very amazing and special person. i know all of this just from reading your blog (and i wish it was because we were the dearest friends who got to hang out all the time!) you are such a good writer and i love reading your blog. what a darling post!

. said...

You are sweet. And seem to have lots of fertile friends, hazah!

boo face mcjones said...

gah! i just got around to commenting. i loved this post -- and not just because i got a shout-out -- you are just too wonderful for words sometimes.

Poonum said...

FRIEND! You are so incredibly lucky to have your life - middle of projects or not... you have the most adorable boys, talented husband, and creative mind ever. :)

Meanwhile, I'm stuck in my room right now, and just ate half a tub of Nutella to cope with being away from my Boo. Love ya xx