27 October 2009

backpack, backpack

if your child is obsessed with dora the explorer (like mine, groan.) the title of this post will haunt you for the rest of the day. you're still singing it aren't you? you just finished the "knick knacks" part huh?

anyway.

in sewing class tonight we took a much needed break from sewing our blankity blank aloha shirts and made these fun backpacks.


i have had this japanese fabric for over a year and was saving it for something cool.

i love it!

and katie thought we needed an "over the shoulder" pose:

ha! i think she's right.

awesome.

14 comments:

liko said...

♥ love.

Ali said...

I definitely think there is room in there for a map (*cue song)

"I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, ..." you know what song I'm talking about

very cute.

melissa said...

this is one of those few moments when being childless has its rewards. :) on the other hand, goods will be in MY head all day and i thank you. also, you are seriously on a rooolllll, with that liederhosen and that bag. so cute, both.

echo said...

looks awesome!!

Anna K. said...

Cute!!!! I love your fabric!!!!

Kahilau said...

Those look great! What a fun idea. The fabric looks PERFECT! By the way, curses to you for putting that song into my head!

lorieloo said...

SO CUTE. dying over your fabric, love love love it.

Jonathon Parker said...

Too cute! That fabric was perfect for that cute little bag. ;-) So many awesome things coming from your little sewing machine lately. I am getting jealous.

Jonathon Parker said...

Hahaha, I purposely published that last comment in Jonathon's name...I thought it would be funny. ;-) Love, Matti

boo face mcjones said...

that.fabric.is.AWEsome.

the.end.

ashley said...

how cool is it that you guys are all in that class? i remember when you bought that fabric- i love it.

sheila said...

wow. you chose great fabric! Love it!

Unknown said...

CUTE bags! and I do love the fabric!

katie speed said...

just so everyone knows... stephanies lines are perfectly aligned. professional!