23 October 2009

coming to terms with two things

No.1: I don't think we can afford to come home for Christmas this year to see my family as we had planned/hoped. This means my family won't see Asher until August when he will be a whole year and two months old! This makes me sad. Ambrose also talks about cousins non-stop and I really wanted him to be with them.

No.2: My wallet is GONE. I needed to just recognize that fact and quit waiting for it to show up.

SO, I went to a cheap store and chose the only one without sparkly sequence or cheetah print and I think it is fitting that my new wallet is large and purple and plaid. HA! It will be hard to lose/misplace this big mama!

I got a new license.... and my weight on there.... well, I hope you can't actually see it (YOU'RE TRYING TO ENLARGE THIS PHOTO AREN'T YOU!? Well, lucky for me the stupid license wouldn't photograph clearly no matter how I tried. Must have something to do with the finish... reminds me of Freaks and Geeks when they try to photograph themselves into a large fake ID... wow, back on track.) but I maybe sorta put five pounds less than I am now... something to shoot for- HAHA!
Got a new BYUH ID as well:
and all those empty slots?
Well, of course we had to cancel all my cards and so the new debit card and credit card are on their way.

Now I just need a library card and a Costco card replacement.

Never lose your wallet. It's annoying.

10 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

Cute new wallet- although it's so annoying/maddening to lose the old one. I've lost mine twice and gotten it back both times (left it one time in a shopping cart at a drugstore!) When Jim misplaces his, someone always cleans out our bank account or runs up our cards!

Melissa said...

wow that is a lot of work! sucks you had to do it, but glad you got it taken care of.

your hair looks divine, by the way.

liko said...

i like your shirt.
and the new wallet.
and i lost my wallet once and vowed NEVER AGAIN!!! it had my social security card in there and my mom made me scared that someone was now gonna steal my identity. and i cried and cried and i was in college and the next day i went and took my new license picture with my sad, cried-out eyes and life moved on.
and we should get library cards together, since i've been wanting to do that...

ashley said...

losing a wallet will make you lose your mind. glad you have kept most of yours after this ordeal!

and, i am going to be in hawaii for christmas too. for the first time ever i will not be at home and that makes me sad. maybe we should do something fun to take our minds off of it? poor amby not getting to see his cousins- the biggest negative of life on the rock.

diana palmer said...

if this would have happened to me, i guarantee it would have taken me exactly one year and two months to get some kind of wallet back together.

basically, you should be rewarded by a trip home for christmas. are you reading this betty and kimball?

Brittany said...

steph i lost my wallet a couple months ago and it turned up, but not when we were looking for it. so, we tore our house apart twice for nothing. then, it was found in a bag of swimming stuff and i suddenly remembered wrapping it in some clothes and putting it in the bag when we were swimming so it wouldn't get "lost"! stupid :)

don't be too sad about christmas... we might not do much either. and i think i know asher and ambrose better than my other nieces and nephews when they were babies thanks to some great blogging by you! so thanks! we are even going to start doing video calling online (or whatever it's called) since jim and joann will live in taiwan, so we can call ambrose and let him talk to his cousins:).

sheila said...

sorry you lost the wallet. That seriously sucks. really.

i like the new one, but you should have got the cheetah print. rawr!

I'll be there for Christmas too if it means anything. I hear you on the not being with 'family' though, like your own close family.

.From Her. said...

I am vain.

AND I LOVE YOUR HAIR.

LOVE.

oh...and my word verification is nestogym. Hmmmmmm

Carrie said...

You'll probably find the old one tomorrow, just because you are so very efficient. I found mine the day after I cancelled my credit cards. :)

Christina said...

Oh no for losing your wallet but I really like that new one!