25 March 2012

Just being together.

As my boys get older and older I find myself having more fun everyday-- just being together. They say funny, unique things in cute little voices that will crack and get deeper someday and then maybe not want to talk so much about every observation of fleeting thought under the sun. I hope these long, unscheduled days of talking about the big, little, inconsequential, or surprisingly philosophical things will strengthen our bond so when those years (when they'd rather talk to their friends or the girls they like) come, hopefully, talking to me will be a natural part of our routine.

All that is to say: these boys are my buddies now and that's gotta count for something later. :)





2 comments:

melissa said...

i think they'll stay friends with each other and with you. it's cool to like your family.

Big Mouse said...

This is a great post thanks for writing it