24 April 2010

missing out

Don't you just hate being sick!?! ME TOOOOOOOOOO!

I miss out on all the fun stuff when I am sick.

Like the girly movie night she organized:

and I love girly movie nights and all the girlies that went!

AND a fun beach day or two with these fine folks:

and I love fun beach days and those fine folks!!

AND a delicious North Shore baby shower for the mama in this picture who is pregnant with her third and still manages to maintain those cute little legs:

and I love delicious North Shore baby showers and that gorgeous mama (and I'm jealous of her skinny legs!)!

AND the ultimate 60s surf beach party first birthday for these two twiny twins:

and heaven knows I have the old Gidget movie memorized and seriously love those baby kiddos!

AND just ask my kids, I have been missing out on being their nice, patient, fun mom over the last couple of days.


In fact, please don't ask them. Maybe they'll forget how horrible I have been and still love me.

AND Thomas. Even when you get in from a late and into the early AM show you still rise and shine with the kids in the morning because you know I have been up sick in the night. You, sir, are pure gold. Love you!

I give this hacking cough one more day and then...... and then..... (insert threat here. Can't come up with a realistically suitable one because my brain turned to mush at about 1AM when the coughing kept me and all the neighbors awake.)

BOO for being sick but to all the people mentioned in this post and my students who have had to listen to a raspy whispery man voice for three classes now- I will get better soon! Thanks for putting up with me.

Hack hack. Cough cough. See you soon!

11 comments:

echo said...

don't feel too bad. i didn't even know about most of these things. guess i am out of the loop.
hope you feel better soon!

laurel said...

wow... that would be my social calander for like a year...haha... but I am sorry you are sick Stephanie! Hope that you come up with a sufficient threat to completely scare that sickness away!! ;)

.Ang. said...

GET WELL SOON!!!!!

liko said...

i.feel.your.pain.
i missed out on all of those same things (except the twins birthday party).
and it sucks.
we all seem to have this sinus thing. no coughing, knock on wood...
and i thought we the sicky season was over. bum.mer.
and i wish you well and hope you get better soon, mama. and i am hoping to make it to the zoo monday...

j,d and little b said...

ahhh I am so sorry Stephanie. It's the worst feeling know that things are going on and you are stuck at home feeling yucky! Get better soon! Need me to bring you some chicken noodle soup? Or chocolate chip cookies? that always does the trick!

Taylor said...

vics vapor rub on the feet, and then socks over them...i don't know why, but it works when you're up at night coughing.

feel better soon friend:)

Mariko said...

And we didn't meet, AGAIN. The universe is against us.

ashley said...

get better soon my friend! let me know if amby needs a place to lay while ash sleeps so you can rest up!

Melissa said...

thats no fun! I'm sorry! how are you feeling today?c

Stephanie said...

i thought i was feeling better today and now tonight im like- aw man someone tuck me in and dont wake me up until 4pm tomorrow! haha

we are supposed to be going to the zoo tomorrow though so im thinking happy healthy thoughts.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I'm so sad your coughing and I hate that it hurts. You will be in my prayers tonight for selfish reason's....because I want to hang with you!