14 January 2009

i really like: putting embarrassing songs on my iPod

my iPod was found recently... never stolen, just put somewhere odd that i promise i looked in fifty times... never believe me again when i draw such accusatory conclusions. :) but dont you love it when you are in someones car and a really embarrassing song comes up on their iPod mix and they fumble around to change it or make up an elaborate story to explain why they have it on there? this has not only personally happened to me, but i have been in the car with too many friends to count and this very thing has happened. i love it! let's just embrace it people - if you like it there must be a reason and if there is no reason that's even better.

my car is going to be ok. i get her back in a day or two and the warranty covers everything (sigh of relief).

and i forced myself to think of like six boy names that i could be excited about when naming this second baby and told thomas to choose from those... he hasnt gotten back to me, but it's a start.

and diana, i know! i need to post a picture of my pregnant self... i just dont have one. i'll take one this weekend and that's a promise! (if you want to go to echo's blog, i look the same, just picture my head on her body to get the full effect.)

and ambrose got a couple time outs today, but he also got to play with a lot of friends, said like three new words, and ate dino shaped chicken nuggets so the whole day wasnt a total wash.

and i might finally do a little work this week (from home, of course, as always) which i am actually happy about since our family is having sort of a lean month with the new job adjustments.

oh yeah, melissa c., that most certainly is a sports bra in those pictures (how tacky!!)

and i may or may not have marched my big pregnant bum outside in it with some shorts to the beach right after those photos were taken... all over in my neighborhood and down to the beach.... pretending it was a swim suit of course, but i mean, i DO live in hauula.... no one blinked an eye. they probably thought it was classy. :)

15 comments:

sheila said...

HA! I love Hauula too. You could probably go around the whole island with that on and you won't get too many second looks.

and no, I've never had that kind of experience happen to me with the i-pod.... no...who does that?
what are you even talking about?
muaahaha

Alli said...

Should I be embarrassed that I have songs from David Bowie's Labyrinth on my ipod? And,these songs are on the workout playlist.

echo said...

i believe this happened to me a few night ago when you and steph j were in the car with me. i think it was a song by 'they might be giants' hehe.
and to the commenter before me. alli- i also have songs from labrinth. i will admit that david bowie is a secret crush of mine. you are cool.

Marcus Lane said...

i have plenty of those embarassing songs on my ipod. let's just say that I like to listen to
different' music when I run.....it motivates me and I get mocked for it!

The Prigmore Family said...

Umm that crack about "classy" Hauula made me die laughing.

All I can think about is that really fat guy (like 500 lbs) that you can sometimes see driving around on the golf cart without a shirt by that church and how Dan & I named him "fat carty" and how everytime we went to kaneohe we had a competition to see who could spot fat carty first and then one miraculous day we saw TWO fat cartys riding side by side. What a glorious time. Ahhhh. Hauula.

Melissa said...

haha!! i love you! I was cracking up as i read your classy comment!

I can just picture my cute little preggo friend marching her little self all over Hauula, in a sports bra, pushing Ambrose in his stroller! too funny! You looked hot so you definitely were doing the residents of Hauula a favor. :)

Rach said...

You crack me up! totally love the sports bra, that is so me...especially if you come to my house before 10am.

ashley said...

ok, i totally loved that you were in a sports bra. stay classy, hauula!

Anonymous said...

A little motherly advice from an overly protective mother...be careful when posting pictures with your address, car license plate (see post below), or other personal identifying information. (I've given this speech to Jen too.) There are too many odd and strange and yes, even scary people in this world, and you don't want them to stumble across your blog and then start stalking you or your family. Motherly advice over... :-)

Stephanie said...

oh no- very very good advice indeed! i will be more careful :) especially since i post such awkward photos of myself- someone may wanna come and lecture me for such shenanigans. :)

Miriam said...

Your first paragraph killed me! It's so true! Why should we be embarrassed if we like the song?? And I want to see prego pics, too.

Audra said...

I also wondered about your attire, but if I lived in Hawaii and went to the beach on a daily basis, and was as skinny and fit as you I probably would wear a sports bra too! You crack me up Steph!

Jessica F. said...

Should I be embarrassed that I don't even have an ipod?!?!
I need to see a pic of your cute belly. I think pregnant pics are so dang cute!!!!

liko said...

okay steph, so...
what song was it and when did it happen and who were you with???

Anonymous said...

I laughed and laughed about the embarrassing songs, too! I figure my IPod is my own, and I have all my work-out songs on it, but I've often thought how odd someone else would think some of them are. First, I'm a grandma. I was at the gym last week and a trainer came up to me, drumming up business. I took out my ear things to talk to him, and he said "Is that GREEN DAY you're listening to?" Ha! I'm OLD! But it keeps me going. Two days later, he was still bugging me about getting a personal trainer. I took out my ear thingies again, and he said "Supercalifragalisticexpealidocious???" Hahaha! But it's MINE!