21 July 2009

do something for yourself every once in a while

i'm going to do this:

it's the same run i did last year when i was like 1 week pregnant with asher! if you want to do it too- it's on spet. 19th and you can go here for info

i got the ok to run yesterday so i went for a delicious jog last night and it was like reuniting with an old friend. so nice.

this 5k gives me something to "train" for and the money goes to a good cause so that's always nice. i figure i can get out in the morning with the kiddos:









and then have a real, long jog by myself at night. i have always loved running because it gives me time to myself to think, plan, get a little personal inspiration, and listen to my headphones full blast.

anyway, life as a mom sure is a whole lot easier when your body is healed and able to do the things you love to do. we are all very happy now that we can get out and about and PLAY!!!

here's to long runs, good tunes, and FITTING INTO MY SKINNY JEANS AGAIN SOMEDAY!!!! ;)

10 comments:

Matti said...

Your skinny jeans are closer than you know!!! We should go running some night after the kids are down...wait, I forgot you are a lone runner. Well, if you are up for a friend any night let me know. :-)

stef j. said...

you inspire me.

stef j. said...

oh and i forgot to mention, when i saw the post-title on my blog list i thought, "i really should. i don't do anything for me anymore ... hmmm..."

so DOUBLY inspired, i am.

echo said...

i don't get my clearance till next week and can't freaking wait. i think i might cheat a little though and start running this week.
i will run with ya. i am always up for a good race.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Amen, sistah. All things I love, running, loud music and skinny jeans. We should be running buddies.

ashley said...

love the song today. big big smile on my face right now.
it's so nice to have a "race" to make you feel like you have to work out or you will die. and i now feel like a total bum for not working out today. thanks. i am blaming it on a sore throat though.
have a happy run tonight!

laurel said...

Yay-yuh! Love this girl power! You go girl! On a side note... I have been so out of it... yowza- I checked here yesterday and there was like 10 new posts I hadn't seen. That's what you get when you go to an island off the cost of South Korea and don't use the internet for a couple of days I guess. Thanks for inspiring and the inspiring music. Love it.

liko said...

maybe i'll do it with you. but didn't i say that last year?? maybe this year i will. yesterday evening i ran on the beach for the first time in FOREVER. felt good, but i wanna be able to run nonstop for a loooooong time. working on that...

liko said...

hey, take a look on jonna's blog. there's a 5k at byu on august 8th. right in the neighborhood.

Smiths said...

I'm a little jealous of the post- baby motivation to exercise and eat right. I lost mine months ago. Is that a good reason for having another kid?
A friend that now has FOUR kids (I think people are nuts for having more after they know the truth about two- just kidding) she said that she remembers being in the depths of hell with a new second baby and looking at people with only one kid and thinking, "they aren't real parents yet. They have no idea what being a parent is yet." Two kids is hard, but gets easier and fun too. Twice as many sweet Mom moments to keep you going. Keep up the great work!